5Q With : Simon Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5Q With : Simon Wood

Many thanks to Simon for answering the call.

1. When did you come to the conclusion that we are looking for a phantom who was never there ?

Around 2003. It struck me that the Saucy Jacky postcard was far too convenient in setting up the idea of a double-event..

2. When did you begin work on the book ?

In earnest, around 2010. Three years research and one year writing.

3. How many, if any, of the murder victims in the Autumn of 1888 were murdered by the same hand ?

This is only a surmise. Smith to Nichols were somehow connected [don't ask me how]. Chapman was a one-off. The others are anyone's guess.

4. What is the biggest change in Ripperology since you first began researching ?

The advent of the internet, although good old shoe-leather still produces excellent results. My two researchers in London were real troopers.

5. What suspects, out of all those proposed, might be the perpetrator of one or more of the murders in 1888-1891 ?

None.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

I guess that was the edited version?

All joking aside, I appreciate the question No. 3, having picked up a little of Simon's theory I was left to wonder what his take was on the fact these women did meet their deaths.

If not by the same hand, then Simon appears to be offering us another multiple-killer theory, several "Jack's" at work in Whitechapel. Only he prefers not to use the common pen-name. A Rose by any other name, as they say.
    Regards, Jon S.
    "
    The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
    " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
    Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Working...
    X