Clear All

• The first jack the ripper victims photographs

Hi all
    The book by Robert j Mclaughlin
    Anyone know where I can buy a copy
    ... Or lend even,can't even find a UK library with a copy
    Thanks
    You can lead a horse to water....

I'll take a look in a few minutes, Packers.....its an extremely hard book to find for sale.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      I'll take a look in a few minutes, Packers.....its an extremely hard book to find for sale.
      Thanks How

Comment

Packers:

No dice. I tried Amazon. com....Amazon UK....and EBAY......nothing at all.

I will keep this in mind, although that's no consolation to you.

If anyone does have a copy for sale or knows if one is in a library, please post here.

Thanks....
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Packers:

No dice. I tried Amazon. com....Amazon UK....and EBAY......nothing at all.

I will keep this in mind, although that's no consolation to you.

If anyone does have a copy for sale or knows if one is in a library, please post here.

Thanks....
          Cheers How
          Yep,I tried all the usual places.
          I was amazed that not a single UK library has it.
          2 in Canada and 1 in the US as far as I could see

Comment

A ripperology 'pool' of rare books would be good. One on each side of the pond maybe
            Was going to say all JTR books but then realised the authors on the sites would blow a fuse.... Understandably after all their hard work

Comment

Hi,

This bookseller recently advertised a copy for sale in the Whitechapel Journal (at £225.00):

http://laybooks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                Hi,

This bookseller recently advertised a copy for sale in the Whitechapel Journal (at £225.00):

http://laybooks.com
                Thanks Gary
                Don't think I'll be stretching to that price though for the time being :-)

Comment

This book was privately published, in a very small edition. If Robert McLaughlin is still alive, it might be worthwhile to contact him to see if he has any books left. Laybooks are known for their inflated prices, and it will be interesting to see if they can get £225 for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Bondeson View Post
                    This book was privately published, in a very small edition. If Robert McLaughlin is still alive, it might be worthwhile to contact him to see if he has any books left. Laybooks are known for their inflated prices, and it will be interesting to see if they can get £225 for this one.
                    It's not currently in their online catalogue, so perhaps they've already sold it.

Comment

I don't believe Robert has any copies left. He has been working on updating the book. When that will eventually happen I don't know.

Rob

Comment

In that case this is a book that will be difficult to purchase, since the copies sold have gone to hardened enthusiasts who will hang on to the books until they are dead. I myself have Woodhall and Turnbull but not this one and I dare say I never will. Perhaps Richard Whittington-Egan has a copy, since he is known for his shrewdness in getting hold of uncommon Ripper books - I will know in a few weeks when I go to see him.

Comment

I am not sure what the print run was. There is a numbered set from 1 to 50 sold at the Brighton Conference in 2005. Mine i think was number 11.

Rob

Comment

I am not sure what the print run was. There is a numbered set from 1 to 50 sold at the Brighton Conference in 2005. Mine i think was number 11.
                            Hmm. Surely you mean 1 to 100 Rob? At least my copy from the Brighton Conference is numbered 67 of 100. Be that as it may, Robert's book is a must have for the serious collector.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
                              Hmm. Surely you mean 1 to 100 Rob? At least my copy from the Brighton Conference is numbered 67 of 100. Be that as it may, Robert's book is a must have for the serious collector.

Wolf.
                              You are right Wolf, faulty memory on my part.

Must be old age creeping up on me.

Regards

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X