Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Google

Hi All

For the last couple of days I have been unable to connect to Google.
    I have checked all settings etc on my computer, which says my computer is fine but there is a problem connecting to Google.

Is anyone else in UK having this problem?

Rgds
    John

I have been having intermittent problems. I don't know if I should reply here because I am in the U.S. Certain places I go frequently, as well as google in general, are repeatedly, temporarily unavailable. It was so bad yesterday I tried to see if there had been a disaster in the news but could not google that information. I thought maybe too many people were using the service internationally. I finally just went back to youtube which isn't running very good either, but I already had it up in a window.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

This idea may have nothing to do with the problem internationally, but....

Google is headquartered in California. The power companies in part of California have been shutting off power because of law suits over the Camp fire last year which killed more than 80 people and was determined to have been caused by power lines.

My point/question is, if google was messed up someway in California and shifted activity to other centers, perhaps overloading those systems, might it not have an international impact?

My google problems do seem to coincide with the California blackouts and the reason I know about the blackouts is because some things I regularly watch said they couldn't get online because of the blackouts. My power source is Idaho Power and we don't have blackouts but my difficulties online have happened when there were blackouts in California, let's say about 600 miles south of me.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Thanks your replies Anna.

One of my young computer literate friends found the problem in minutes. It was my router which simply needed to be switched off for about 5 minutes; switch it back on and hey presto everything fine.

Rgds
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John Savage View Post
          Thanks your replies Anna.

One of my young computer literate friends found the problem in minutes. It was my router which simply needed to be switched off for about 5 minutes; switch it back on and hey presto everything fine.

Rgds
          John
          Hi John
          I hope they performed the essential blowing the end of the lead and the socket it came from too?

Comment

Hi Debra,

I am afraid that he did no such thing.
            As for now, I shall stick with the old mantra "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

All the best
            John

Comment

DuckDuckGo is a great search engine with better privacy.

https://duckduckgo.com/

Comment

Working...
              X