No announcement yet.

Find my Past Newspaper archives lookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my Past Newspaper archives lookup?

Hi, does anyone have access to FMP's British Newspaper Archives?
    I am wanting to access a particular newspaper article on their site if anyone is able to look it up for me.
    I have a sub to the British Newspaper Archive itself and also access through Gale, but oddly the newspaper I want isn't listed on those sites but it is on the FMP version of the same database.
    Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Debs:

We have the BNA ( not through FMP, though)...drop me a line and I'll try to find it.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
      Hi, does anyone have access to FMP's British Newspaper Archives?
      I am wanting to access a particular newspaper article on their site if anyone is able to look it up for me.
      I have a sub to the British Newspaper Archive itself and also access through Gale, but oddly the newspaper I want isn't listed on those sites but it is on the FMP version of the same database.
      Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
      I do, Debs. What are you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
        Debs:

We have the BNA ( not through FMP, though)...drop me a line and I'll try to find it.
        I have got it now, How. Thanks anyway.

Comment

How-I thought I had got it but it was the wrong thing! I've PM'd Gary now as it has to be the FMP version of the BNA. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

I have Debs. Email me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              I have Debs. Email me.
              Thanks Paul but Gary looked it up for me and particular thing I wanted was not as informative as I thought it was.
              I wonder why the FMP version of the British Library Newspaper Archive seems to have more newspapers than the BNA site itself (which I have a sub to) and both have more than the BNA database on Gale that I get through the library.

The digitisations are perhaps rolled out in different phases over different databases?

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                Thanks Paul but Gary looked it up for me and particular thing I wanted was not as informative as I thought it was.
                I wonder why the FMP version of the British Library Newspaper Archive seems to have more newspapers than the BNA site itself (which I have a sub to) and both have more than the BNA database on Gale that I get through the library.

The digitisations are perhaps rolled out in different phases over different databases?
                I didn't realise that FMP did have newspapers that the BNA didn't, though I seem to recall that FMP help finance or entirely finance the BNA digitisation project, so maybe they get first dibs. I don't think Gale has anything to do with either FMP or BNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  I didn't realise that FMP did have newspapers that the BNA didn't, though I seem to recall that FMP help finance or entirely finance the BNA digitisation project, so maybe they get first dibs. I don't think Gale has anything to do with either FMP or BNA.
                  Gale buys digitised databases to host so that's the reason they have the BNA. I know they don't have the same number of newspapers digitised on that version I use but they were originally release in phases on there. I seem to remember the digitised archives were only available to academic institutions originally. I had access to the BNA on Gale for a while before they produced their own website or FMP hosted them.

Comment

Debs...I usually receive an email from the BNA weekly containing the names of papers they recently updated. Keep me in mind if you ever need one you can't access....
                    To Join JTR Forums :
                    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post

Debs...I usually receive an email from the BNA weekly containing the names of papers they recently updated. Keep me in mind if you ever need one you can't access....
                      Thanks, How. I really appreciate that, as well as the offers of help from Gary and Paul.

Comment

Drop me a line too, Debs, if there's anything I can do to help. Price : one doughnut.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                          Drop me a line too, Debs, if there's anything I can do to help. Price : one doughnut.
                          I think I already owe you a fistful of doughnuts

Comment

Don't worry, Debs. I must owe you quite a few tubs of Oats So Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                              Don't worry, Debs. I must owe you quite a few tubs of Oats So Simple.
                              Complicated things.

Comment

Working...
                              X