Photo Enhancement Skills Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
    That is exactly relevant! The Mexican silver work looks more European. It is more directly based on Spanish work. Both traditions began with Spanish silver work but Native American work tends to use designs with special meaning to those people.

I have an idea the jewellery in the picture is made with similar technique to the ring a couple posts below.
    Did you notice the buckles on Etta’s choker? They look as if they might’ve been silver.

I bought a book in a charity shop a few months back - ‘The Wild Bunch at Robbers Roost’ by Pearl Baker. I haven’t read it yet, but this thread has inspired me to do so. ����

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
      Did you notice the buckles on Etta’s choker? They look as if they might’ve been silver.

I bought a book in a charity shop a few months back - ‘The Wild Bunch Robbers Roost’ by Pearl Baker. I haven’t read it yet, but this thread has inspired me to do so. 👍🏻
      I am glad you are inspired. That is around my area of the west.

Another researcher seemed to think the collar was a regular collar and the buckles may even have had rhinestones. IMO, the photographer chose to open it for better continuity in the picture. On the other hand, I think the picture is meant to give a message to somebody(ies). What is in that coin purse around her neck? IS that jewellery, not lace? A different enhancement of the whole picture gives even more detail of Etta's suit or walking outfit. That was one, complex production with buttons on the numerous gores in the skirt among other things. It does not look like it could be taken apart to form a riding or split skirt but maybe that is why there are buttons in odd places.

Both of the famous pictures pertaining to Butch Cassidy & Sundance were done in 1901. Pinkertons got ahold of both of them. I don't know if the time frame was such that Sundance and Etta should have known to be more been more careful or if the Pinkertons got both photos around the same time. Copies of the wedding photo were sent back out west to various friends. Was there something that needed to be seen in the picture? The clip from a comment section I provided a number of posts back indicates there was, as I also believe. I think they were displaying wealth accumulated from......what? Maybe they melted down silver coins and transformed them into jewellery? The comment indicates that something(s) from this picture existed well into the Twentieth Century. I would sure like to find them somewhere and I think I know what to look for.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
      X