Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story

The following information came to JTRForums from the director of the project, Jeff Leahy :

In Production: Jack the Ripper the Definitive Story. Written by Paul Begg and John Bennett. Featuring experts: Philip Hutchinson, Richard Jones, Neil Bell, Neal Shelden and many more experts.

JTR, The Definitive Story, is a two hour docudrama that sets out to portray the Jack the Ripper murders as accurately as possible. Going back to original source materials and featuring the virtual environments of Jakko Luukanen.

The program sets out to reconstruct the witness statements as accurately as possible using the latest technologies available..

Broadcast on Channel FIVE in December 2010 and HISTORY UK in February 2011, JTR The Definitive Story is set for world wide release. DVD featuring extra footage!

Our aim is to provide the most accurate portrail of the Jack the Ripper murders ever . Two hours of cats taken from original source material and in conjunction with the soon to be released Jack The Ripper A to Z. ( By Begg,Fido,and Skinner ).

Jack the Ripper, The Definitive Story is the first HD surround sound documentary ever created by Ripperologists. A program at last dedicated to the facts surrounding the case.

Produced/Directed by Jeff Leahy

Trust this helps Howard. We are in Production!!

We'd love to start a thread and answer any question anyone might have about the project, that started 10 years ago and was put together by amoung other experts; Jeremy Beadle at the Wolverhampton Conference n 2007.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Yes I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago. And I'm very busy at present.

But I can confirm that after ten years of work channels FIVE and HISTORY today confirmed contracts for a two hr program due for broadcast in the UK december 2010 and Feb 2011.

The script is written by Paul Begg and John Bennett and is simply a factual account of the Whitechappel Murders told as accurately as possible with a number of well known experts giving latest information: Philip Hutchinson, Richard Jones, Neil Bell and Neal Sheldon amoungst others.

I will keep this thread updated on progress but I understand that media and national press will be at a number of production sets throughout August.

There has been a lot of calls for a good factual documentary created by Ripperologists...

Wel at last you all have one..

Looking forward to getting it right

Jeff

Comment

Will the programme be going through the various theories or just sticking to the facts?

Comment

Excellent, Jeff.

I'm very much looking forward to this.

And Suzi will be beside herself:

"Two hours of cats taken from original source material..."

Love,

Caz
        X
        I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Heh heh....I was waiting for someone to notice the reference to the two hours of cats.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Looking forward to this.

Comment

You'd never imagine just how many cats are associated with the story of Jack the Ripper. From Diddles through to the documentary Dan Farson was making with the cat-loving Lady Aberconway when he 'discovered' the Macnaghten memoranda, cats are the suspiciously overlooked thread that runs through the whole tale and which may even yet hold the solution to the mystery. On the other hand, of course, 'cats' could just be a typo.

Comment

Good work Jeff! Hopefully it will play here in the States without delay. Unless I missed one, it's the first JtR doc over one hour since Ustinov in 1988. By the time we get another, 3-D should be the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
                  By the time we get another, 3-D should be the standard.
                  Robert D'Onston Stephenson floating out of the screen and hovering overhead would be amazing.

Comment

Yes the time for the big bosomed women has arrived!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      You'd never imagine just how many cats are associated with the story of Jack the Ripper. From Diddles through to the documentary Dan Farson was making with the cat-loving Lady Aberconway when he 'discovered' the Macnaghten memoranda, cats are the suspiciously overlooked thread that runs through the whole tale and which may even yet hold the solution to the mystery. On the other hand, of course, 'cats' could just be a typo.
                      Florence Maybrick liked cats. Or shouldn't I have said that?

Rob

Comment

Eliphas Levi's full recipe for vanishing involved a cats head.

Comment

Well done Jeff, and thanks How for the update!

best wishes

Phil

PS. This could be CATaclysmic...cue groans and other CAT words..)
                          from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                            Will the programme be going through the various theories or just sticking to the facts?
                            Just the facts String, with a little more onus on the victims which other docs seem to portray as fodder for the 'star'.

I know Jeff has spent many years struggling on this, I myself was aware from the 2007 conf. Now the contracts have been agreed with the various tv companies involved, work has really only just begun.

I have seen a sampler DVD, with John Bennetts voice over. Even in its base form I enjoyed it, though Johns scouse/brummie accent he gave me was waaaaaay out.

As said, the works begun. We have various people working on it, assembled by Jeff, Paul and John, who all have a passion for the subject and the facts.

Nothing to push, no theory, just the events has they happend.

As said, loads of hard work yet to come. I look forward to it.

Monty

Comment

Must I stay out of it? Is it just a "Brit" thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X