Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nemo
    There's still a few traditional pubs and microbreweries in my area
    If you can't smoke in a pub, then it's not a pub.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• By that definition, yes we have no pubs, we have no pubs today.

Comment

• Just to chime in, if anyone is concerned about the closure of pubs in Britain and wants to support their local I urge them to join CAMRA.

From their website:

CAMRA campaigns for real ale, real pubs and consumer rights. We are an independent, voluntary organisation with over 100,000 members and have been described as the most successful consumer group in Europe. CAMRA promotes good-quality real ale and pubs, as well as acting as the consumer's champion in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry. We aim to:

1. Protect and improve consumer rights
        2. Promote quality, choice and value for money
        3. Support the public house as a focus of community life
        4. Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of our national heritage and culture
        5. Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry

I joined back in August. Hoping to go to my first local meet up (it's a tour of a local brewery) next month.

Website is http://www.camra.org.uk
        Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

• At last the DVD is complete.

Then we discovered it cant be released without a BBFC certificate.

So a limited edition has been created to start review and press presales while we sought it all out.

A test copy, the first one, was posted to Howard and Nina at Jack the Ripper forums yesterday and should be with them shortly.

Yours Jeff

PS a promo trailer was also send to VIDCAST so people can find out what its now looking like there...hopefully? I urge all JtRforum members to join VIDCAST as its going to expand over the next few years when I have some time to spare..

Comment

• Ditto on Forums members signing up with Trevor & J.R.'s Vidcast...I just reminded Nina to sign on too.

Thanks very much for sending us the test copy, Jeff....as soon as we get it, I'll watch it and give you a report.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by How Brown View Post
              Ditto on Forums members signing up with Trevor & J.R.'s Vidcast...I just reminded Nina to sign on too.

Thanks very much for sending us the test copy, Jeff....as soon as we get it, I'll watch it and give you a report.
              Hi Howard

Once I've cleared my desk of some back load. I'm going to do some SKYPING with Jon and Trevor and see what can be done to generate some interesting video projects that are imeadiate and get everyone in the community involved

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X