I have crossed the Rubicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have crossed the Rubicon

I think we are now in a situation where new ideas and information must be released if we are to answer the rediculous claims put foreward by Trevor Marriot that now dominate the Ripper media?

I have crossed the Rubicon

Jeff Leahy
    Producer/director

PD Rubicon..'not good with spelling'

Jeff,

Iacta alea est , the die has been cast, eh Caesar?

Don.

Comment

Hi Ho Jeff !

To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comment

Yo quiero Taco Bell.

Comment

Nunc Est Bibendum has always done it for Howard.

Comment

In Hock Signo Davinci
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                Caesar is now Salad!
                Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Jeff - it's all very well your suggesting you've crossed the Rubicon, but there's no evidence you were anywhere near it after the 1870s.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

No, but it is a great expression, remind me to use it more often in conversation...

Hopefully I will make myself a little clearer at this years conference...until than I have some new virtual stuff to complete

Yours Jeff

Comment

Was the grass greener on the other side of the Rubicon? I think Rubicon is or was a show on AMC. I used to watch it after Mad Men. So I guessed while I have not crossed the Rubicon I have watched it.

Comment

No I think that a whole year of being part of a public 'FACE'

Was what I was getting at.....

John Bennet and Paul Begg and I made a program together and for many reasons we had to have a united face..

And while I cant think of two people who i revire , admir and Love

more than John and Paul

as a team, on the final fifteen minutes of that program....well we clearly had diffences...

I'm not quite certain why everyone thinks we should have agreed?

And actually by and large I think they both talk more sense than anyone else I know on the subject...

But I do now feel FREE to say I believe Aaron Kosminski was Jack the Ripper, while recognising that I cant prove that statement, or that anyone else working on the projecct could think otherwise...?

FREE! to cross the rubicon after all this time and speak for myself rather than a team...

I wish them all luck...

But Aaron is the only logical JtR candiate given what is known at present about the JtR mystery

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff

I need to use Rubicon more as do the folks around me. Seriously I never heard that expression until you made your post and to me the word was just the name of a show on AMC. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed given that after High School I just have some Tech school under my belt but I am well read. I've just always said, "I have crossed the point of no return." when using that type of expression or saying "I can't turn back now," I like "I have crossed the Rubicon", better!

The origins of the term had to do with a river in Italy which was considered the point of no return or the edge of the then known world in Roman times or more to the point, Julius Caesar's Day. When Caesar crossed it to conquer/explore everything in his path he crossed the point of no return for him. Some scholar must of made that point in his/her work or study on Caesar.

Regarding Jack The Ripper, well he (or she) crossed it when he murdered his first victim, whoever that was. I'm thinking it was probably some poor animal which he might of killed in childhood for cheap thrills.

Comment

Originally posted by George Lorton View Post
                            Hi Jeff

I need to use Rubicon more as do the folks around me. Seriously I never heard that expression until you made your post and to me the word was just the name of a show on AMC. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed given that after High School I just have some Tech school under my belt but I am well read. I've just always said, "I have crossed the point of no return." when using that type of expression or saying "I can't turn back now," I like "I have crossed the Rubicon", better!

The origins of the term had to do with a river in Italy which was considered the point of no return or the edge of the then known world in Roman times or more to the point, Julius Caesar's Day. When Caesar crossed it to conquer/explore everything in his path he crossed the point of no return for him. Some scholar must of made that point in his/her work or study on Caesar.

Regarding Jack The Ripper, well he (or she) crossed it when he murdered his first victim, whoever that was. I'm thinking it was probably some poor animal which he might of killed in childhood for cheap thrills.
                            Hi George

Yep I love this expression also.....it has power and meaning...

I dont think it relates to Jack the Ripper.....I dont think he ever had a choice, as its my opinion he suffered a terrible depilitating illness calling schizophrenia.....which destroyed his mind...

That said I've had an exciting weekend crossing the 'Rubicon' filming steam trains and talking to exciting people who love and work with these fantastic mechines......May my next project be this amazing experience?

But I'm on a journey, I've crossed the rubicon and there is no way back but death now.....

So if you know where I can find 30m to film the Biography of Prince Rupert please let me know....

Until such a time I think I will have to follow Julius Cesus state of mind and presence....

Yours Jeff

Comment

test post
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X