• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Angels Sing......

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....48895821992460
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

It’s total bollocks. Jargon-laden claptrap.

WTF does this mean?

“Ripperologists have developed normative standards for the field that guide what research is considered valuable and what is not.”

Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of the manual that contains these standards.

Comment

And how about this:

‘Far from the romanticised portrayal of the Victorian sex worker promulgated in Ripper media, Walkowitz asserts that sex workers (especially in poor areas like the East End) were engaged in ‘survival sex work’.

I’m not knocking Walkowitz here, but we really didn’t need her to state the obvious, did we?

Comment

Judith had a habit of overspicing the food, Gary,

She claimed in City of Dreadful Night or another work on the East End that there was a riot involving Jews and Gentiles. Fact is, is that there was no riot in the typical usage of the term, but a few dust ups....nothing resembling an out and out free for all.

I remember posting a photo of the Mexicans from the film, The Treasure of The Sierra Madre captioning it "Academics ? We don't need no stinkin' academics..." At the time I was kidding. Not any more.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Judith had a habit of overspicing the food, Gary,

She claimed in City of Dreadful Night or another work on the East End that there was a riot involving Jews and Gentiles. Fact is, is that there was no riot in the typical usage of the term, but a few dust ups....nothing resembling an out and out free for all.

I remember posting a photo of the Mexicans from the film, The Treasure of The Sierra Madre captioning it "Academics ? We don't need no stinkin' academics..." At the time I was kidding. Not any more.
          This guy clearly has no real understanding of the issues. But provided he conceals his ignorance in a cloak of approved jargon, his tribe will howl their approval.

How can anyone with half a brain look at what has been said on here and come to the conclusion that the criticisms of HR are all about a desperate attempt to maintain a myth about the victims being prostitutes?

Comment

Gary:

Read the most recent post on this thread :

https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/ripp...pel#post575368

Just one more person in lock-step with Madame Rube,
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
            X