Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz Round 2: July 22-28

Hi everyone!

Here are the questions for this week's quiz.
    The topic is Famous Deaths & Disappearances.

1.) Which famous crime author once disappeared for 2 weeks in 1926, for reasons still unknown?

2.) What was Marilyn Munroe's last known activity on the night that she died?

3.) Anne Frank, the young girl famous for her diaries, eventually died in which Nazi concentration camp?

4.) How long did Abraham Lincoln live for after being shot by John Wilkes Booth?

5.) Former Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt vanished without a trace while doing what activity in 1967?

6.) How many members of the Romanov family were supposedly shot in 1918?

7.) Linking with question 6, what name did the lady who later claimed to be Anastasia go by?

8.) How old was Buddy Holly when he was killed in a tragic plane crash?

9.) What are the 2 locations that most people believe the shots which killed JFK were fired from?

10.) In which year did the original lead singer of AC/DC, Bon Scott, die from an overdose?

And there you have it!
    Remember that you can choose to answer the questions as a reply to this thread, or if you're one of those shy people who doesn't want everyone to see how clever you are, you can send your answers to my e-mail at: [email protected]

Best of luck to you, and I'm looking forward to hearing your answers! Remember, any answers are better than no answers --
    and the competition closes on July 28th, so make sure you get them in!

Cheers,
    Adam.

Hi everyone!

Here are the questions for this week's quiz.
    The topic is Famous Deaths & Disappearances.

1.) Which famous crime author once disappeared for 2 weeks in 1926, for reasons still unknown?

Agatha Christie

2.) What was Marilyn Munroe's last known activity on the night that she died?

Poppin' sleeping pills and thinking of me...

3.) Anne Frank, the young girl famous for her diaries, eventually died in which Nazi concentration camp?

Bergen-Belsen

4.) How long did Abraham Lincoln live for after being shot by John Wilkes Booth?

Three days

5.) Former Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt vanished without a trace while doing what activity in 1967?

Swimming in the ocean

6.) How many members of the Romanov family were supposedly shot in 1918?

6 members of the immediate family

7.) Linking with question 6, what name did the lady who later claimed to be Anastasia go by?

Anna Anderson

8.) How old was Buddy Holly when he was killed in a tragic plane crash?

9.) What are the 2 locations that most people believe the shots which killed JFK were fired from?

Texas School Book Suppository or Grassy Knoll in Dealy Plaza.

10.) Year Bon Scott o.d.'ed...

Send the car to my other house on the Riviera,master Went.

Nice quiz Adam.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Ooh, he's quick off the mark!
      Thanks How.
      The keys to that "car" are waiting to be handed to their new owner. It's up to the winner of the quiz whether they want the old Austin which is laying on its roof and has no wheels, or the Valiant which has no motor in it.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Gee, whats 2nd prize...2 Valients?

Comment

Brad:

2 Valiants? No way, they're too expensive for that.
          No prizes for 2nd...you know what they say, 2nd is the first loser, so it's win the competition...or nothing.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went

10.) In which year did the original lead singer of AC/DC, Bon Scott, die from an overdose?
            Minor correction--Bon Scott actually choked to death on his own vomit after a night of heavy drinking. Probably one of the few means of death that would make an overdose look dignified...
            "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Good eye,Magpie...

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi everyone,

This week's competition was supposed to finish today, but I'm going to add a few extra days to it, because currently the only entry has come from How.
                That means this week's competition will now finish on August 1st.

It is pretty disappointing, because there was several of you who expressed an interest in doing these quizzes before I re-started them. I know there's plenty of people who's viewed this topic, it takes no more than a few minutes to post up your answers, and yet there's still only been the 1 entrant. So for those of you who view this thread from now on, what's wrong with having a go?
                Obviously a competition can't continue if it just has 1 or 2 entrants, so it's up to you whether you want these quizzes to go on or not.

Again, thanks to How for his answers, and good luck to those of you who do participate!

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

How

Texas School Book SUPPOSITORY?

"War and Peace" sounds painful.

Robert

Comment

Robert:

FINALLY !

Someone picked up on the malapropism....

Youse guys should take a stab at Wenty's challenges....He goes to the trouble to put 'em together and even people who I won't mention like TIM MOSLEY don't even try.

Adam:

So...uh...where is the "project" buddy? Is it ready to go? Lemme know.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Everyone:

The competition has now closed.
                      Unfortunately, despite the extension of time, the only person who participated in this week's competition (that is, apart from people who commented on spelling errors and technicalities) was Howard...therefore, How Brown is the winner of this week's competition! Congrats How!

I'm going to hope that this week's comp just wasn't everyone's cup of tea, because I'd hate to think an enthusiastic bunch like Ripperologists couldn't be bothered participating in things, so I'm going to post up the next weekly competition tomorrow.
                      The topic will be... At The Movies. Everyone loves movies, right?

Cheers,
                      Adam.

P.S. How: The "project" is now on my computer and about to be on its way to you...check your inbox first thing tomorrow morning.

Comment

Okay Adam...

It should be a useful tool for everyone as far as research....and for memory purposes...

I think people will appreciate it.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Adam.

I thought your quiz was excellent.

On the other hand, Howard got all the answers right off the bat, so I didn't see the purpose of repeating the same answers.

I'm looking forward to the next one though
                          "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Adam and How:

The bit about the Romanovs is wrong. We were in St. Petersburg in May and visited the Peter and Paul Cathedral where their remains now rest after having been dug up and we were told there, that the latest finding was that there was no trace of the older third daughter Marie, in the shallow grave where the family was shot and also no trace of the Tsarevitch, the little boy and only son of the Tsar of Russia either.

The mystery surrounding their deaths still remains that, a mystery... the rumour over the years has been that Anastasia survived but now the evidence or rather lack of any trace of the Grand Duchess Marie remains does suggest it might have been her who probably escaped, as well as her brother. Its a fascinating tale of mystery.

-Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Birchwood
                              the evidence or rather lack of any trace of the Grand Duchess Marie remains does suggest it might have been her who probably escaped, as well as her brother. Its a fascinating tale of mystery.

-Maria
                              I hope you mean if any indeed escaped, it would have been Marie and/or the Tsarevich, since their bodies have not yet been found. Everything I've read about the murder of the Romanov's suggests the extreme likelyhood that all were killed, and according to eyewitness reports, two bodies (one definitely the Tsarevich) were burned at another location and thrown down a shaft.

JM

Comment

Working...
                              X