Mensa 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by How Brown
    Its probably why I didn't try to answer the questions,Sammy..because I have a thing about...about...oh damn it !!!...a major obsession with our farm friends in a randy sort of way !!!
    The beauty of being an - ahem! - "faithful shepherd" is that, when you split up, you can still wear the sweater as a memento of your love. Do that in the context of a conventional relationship, and you're instantly tarred with the same brush as Ed Gein and Jame Gumb. I know where I'd rather be

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned sheep!

Comment

Come on How! I solved this instantly.

Regards

Lassie

Comment

Form a square with the 4 pens in such a way as to leave the middle empty . Gently pick up and place 3 sheep within each pen and the middle space ,(which of course has become another pen)taking care not to have any sexual contact with each or any of the sheep.....remembering also to clean out the pens at regular intervals.

Comment

Error - I haven't got the answer to No.3 yet sorry -

Good solution Dougie - that works too...

Comment

Correction - I have an answer for No.3 but I think it is a trick question

- those devious Victorians!

Let me know when you want the answers...

Comment

Any takers left?

I'm surprised at you guys - you're definitely going to kick yourself if I have to tell you the answers

Comment

Nemo:

Since the question was "put 15 sheep in 4 pens and have the same amount of sheep in each pen"...could that not also mean to put 15 sheep into one pen and then 15 in a second...and 15 in the third pen...and 15 in the 4th pen ?

Just a suggestion...
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                    Since the question was "put 15 sheep in 4 pens and have the same amount of sheep in each pen"...could that not also mean to put 15 sheep into one pen and then 15 in a second...and 15 in the third pen...and 15 in the 4th pen ?
                    ... does the real answer involve an industrial mincing machine - like that chap with the hard hat and utility-belt from Village People?

Comment

That's good lateral thinking Howard - and when you see the answers to some of the other questions, I can well believe that that would be the answer

Is anyone going to try another Q or are we focussing on the sheep?

In fact - I'll give you the answer to number 1 to show you what I mean

1) Divide 2 by 5 so the answer will be 1000

A) Using Roman numerals... II divided by V (ie put the V in the middle) creates M which is 1000... (Groan!)

Comment

With number 3, the hours of a clock go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. They get closer to ten numerically but 1 is closer to 10 spatially. However, a drawback is that they only go from left to right up to 3. After 3, they go right to left.

Comment

do u put 3 sheep in each of the 4 pens and shoot the other 3?

Comment

Blimey Robert! That's a good theory regarding the clock face

It does say arrange them so that they read left to right though so I don't think that is the answer

I have an answer that is similar in a way to your "spatially nearer" concept

I don't have the definitive answer to the sheep Q - Your guess is as good as mine really

Comment

My answer for 3) would be...

1 3 5 7 9

Number 1 is nearer to ten because you only have to add a nought/zero to it

ie 1<--------0 = 10

Whereas you have to add 1 to 9 to make it 10

(a bit crap I know)

I haven't worked out the board one yet..

How can a board 135" square be changed into a board 144" square?

I imagine it is something to do with the board being 1" in depth(?)

Comment

Originally posted by Currerbell View Post
                                do u put 3 sheep in each of the 4 pens and shoot the other 3?
                                The way things are going in this country nothing that lives and can be eaten will be safe....

Comment

Working...
                                X