February 27, 1949
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Origins

Hi How,

Here's an original report of that story -

Western Mail (Perth), Thursday 27 January 1949

"Jack the Ripper" Murders
    SCOTLAND YARD has received two letters written by a man who claims he is "Jack theRipper." Six women were slashed to death in Whitechapel, London, in 1888 by a man who left notes for the police signed "Jack the Ripper." The letters which Scotland Yard received the other day are written in a shaky hand consistent with the writer's claim that he is 84. One letter says: "Whenever I. read about myself I have a good laugh." The letter ends: "What chance have you of catching me now?" The second letter boasting of the crimes, says: "I done another two, years after - one in 1912 and one in 1916." The letters were posted at Notting Hill, London, to the manager of the Torch Theatre, London, which is now producing a play based on the "Ripper" crimes. The letters bear no address.
    Madame Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors has facsimiles of the notes left by the murderer. A reporter who compared the letters with the notes says the handwriting is similar, except that the notes are in the firm strong hand of a young man.
    Dave
    "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

http://www.casebook.org/press_report.../19481230.html

Comment

Thanks a lot, Dave and Bob.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X