True Detective January 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective January 1989

I'm trying to locate this issue...but have yet to do so.

Description
    Was George Chapman Jack the Ripper? Certainly Inspector Abberline believed he was! (Interesting to note how widely Abberline’s name has become known since Michael Caine portrayed the detective in ITV’s Jack the Ripper!)In our first story we draw very interesting parallels between the Polish immigrant and the Whitechapel killer. There is also the coincidence regarding the name "Chapman". Severin Klosowski took the name from Annie Chapman, one of his mistresses, and in Neal Shelden’s prolific research into the backgrounds of the Ripper victimns, which, gives us an insight into the drab and impoverished lives of these women, we learn how another Annie Chapman got her name and why she ended up on the streets of London’s East End only to be murdered by Jack the Ripper! A coincidence indeed!

We like to think that today, our scientific advancemenet in the solving of crimes like those of Jack the Ripper would not permit an everlasing mystery, but of course, there have been similar killers who have been able to evade capture. As times goes on, we are even less likely to be able to come up with the truth behind the identity of the vallain who terrorised London, but you can mull over Neal Sheldon’s new facts and get a clearer picture of those times.

If you locate it, please let me know.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    If you locate it, please let me know.
    Hi Howard.

You probably already know this, but there is both a British and an American magazine called "True Detective," so if you track down what appears to be the correct issue (by date--January 1989), be sure to double check with the seller. I once thought I found the correct back issue featuring Klas Linther's research into Liz Stride, and was sent the American magazine instead. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Rajah:

Yes, I'm aware that there were 2 mags with the same title. The American one went out of print some time ago. Thanks.

I saw an issue of a magazine with the True detective title and correct date...contacted the guy...he got back to me and said it was the U.S. edition.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Neal Shelden : Victims Of Jack The Ripper ( True Detective, 1989) Lindsay Siviter

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...186#post399186
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

December 21, 2020

Many thanks to Simon Wood for locating the issue in question.....

True Detective

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
          X