Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Jack the Ripper A-Z

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
    The Glasgow slum pictures evoke the right atmosphere.
    So they do.

    (Whereís the contrition emoji?)

    Comment


    • #32
      A wild and lonely place, y'understand.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

        (Whereís the contrition emoji?)
        It doubles up as the smug emoji

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
          It doubles up as the smug emoji
          Ooh, that stung! Like the sting from a bee thatís just left a Lavender bush.

          Comment


          • #35
            Its here...I knew I had seen it on Pinterest before.

            https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272890058645852898/

            Even today, there's a lot of poverty in Glasgow's East End....and the lowest life expectancy of any U.K. city ( 72.9 years).

            Also known for the 'Glasgow smile'.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Its here...I knew I had seen it on Pinterest before.

              https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272890058645852898/

              Even today, there's a lot of poverty in Glasgow's East End....and the lowest life expectancy of any U.K. city ( 72.9 years).

              Also known for the 'Glasgow smile'.
              Scrapple is it, eh, scrapple? Wass wrang wi’ haggis, eh? Ya wee bastart y’are!!


              Click image for larger version

Name:	E934D71F-DB26-4EF4-9EE9-AA6B59DCB846.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	559067

              Comment


              • #37
                It isn't the first time someone has used imagery of Glasgow in relation to JTR. Remember this one?! Post #51 onward.

                Lockhart painting

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                  It isn't the first time someone has used imagery of Glasgow in relation to JTR. Remember this one?! Post #51 onward.

                  Lockhart painting
                  Nicely detected, Debs!

                  I was going to mention the stone quoins, but I see Chris G beat me to it.

                  Here’s how to build atmospherically in stock brick: ��

                  https://goo.gl/images/QeG6Tw

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                    Nicely detected, Debs!

                    I was going to mention the stone quoins, but I see Chris G beat me to it.

                    Hereís how to build atmospherically in stock brick: ��

                    https://goo.gl/images/QeG6Tw
                    That's always been one of my favourite ever photographs, Gary. I Love it.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                      That's always been one of my favourite ever photographs, Gary. I Love it.
                      Mine too/me too.

                      They were supposed to be building a hotel on the site. I havenít been there for ages, so I donít know whether it has been built yet. My grandson has been to a club in P Street twice recently. Both times I asked him to take some photos, and both times he forgot.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        That's always been one of my favourite ever photographs, Gary. I Love it.
                        -Debs-

                        It is an evocative photo, isn't it ? Thanks for posting it, Gary.....
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                          That's always been one of my favourite ever photographs, Gary. I Love it.
                          -Debs-

                          It is an evocative photo, isn't it ? Thanks for posting it, Gary.....
                          Whenever I see it, I want to hold it to my ear to catch a bit of cockney argy-bargy.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            This is what goes on in Pennington Street today:

                            https://www.residentadvisor.net/phot...aspx?set=50546

                            And, so I read, prostitutes and their customers park up there for a bit of howís-your-father.

                            I notice that places donít have their own entries in my old A-Z. Is that still the case?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              "Both times I asked him to take some photos, and both times he forgot."


                              If you want a job done properly, get Mrs B.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X