Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swanson : The Life & Times Of A Victorian Detective ( Wood )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the opportunity to read some of Adam's book last night.....not much and not enough....but wanted to say that this is an extraordinarily well-researched and comprehensive work. Very impressive effort on Adam's part.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I picked up my copy yesterday (it arrived at the beginning of the week).

First impressions - my word! Beautiful hardback book, and I didn't realise how weighty a book this would be. Need to reinforce the shelves...

Vast contents pages, humongous list of illustrations, thorough index and bibliography.

This looks awesome. I can't wait to tuck in. Thus I'm motivated to finish my current book...

Comment

I'm in the same boat Lemon...with some twenty odd books already in my "to read" pile, five or six of which are Whitechapel-related, should I let this one jump the queue? Having said that, I've been looking forward to it for such a long time...

Comment

Received my copy a few days ago and should finish it tonight. I don't know if I've seen a biography in this genre so detailed and researched. Now days, I usually get Kindle or audio version of books for convenience. Glad I got a hardcopy on this one. Well worth it. Right along with Chieftain and Capturing Jack the Ripper for a study of the evolution of the Met police.
          Best Wishes,
          Cris Malone

Comment

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to those who have made early comment on the book - I realise it's going to take some time to read the entire volume, but I wanted to say that I greatly appreciate the feedback and look forward to reading your thoughts.

Best wishes
            Adam

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

Comment

Hi Adam,

I have just finished reading your book and would like to pass on my congratulations, in my opinion the most well researched and well written biography I have read since I donít know when.

The exhaustive detail and information you have found on Swanson and the Metropolitan Police is very interesting and I can understand how hard you must have worked to put this all together. Well done you!

The high quality of both the printing and binding has not gone unnoticed either; so a pat on the back to your printers.

All the best
              John

Comment

Thanks for your review, John.
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your kind words on the book - Iím so glad that you enjoyed it. It was a labour of love, to be sure, but I learned a lot while undertaking the research!

All the best
                  Adam

Originally posted by John Savage View Post
                  Hi Adam,

I have just finished reading your book and would like to pass on my congratulations, in my opinion the most well researched and well written biography I have read since I donít know when.

The exhaustive detail and information you have found on Swanson and the Metropolitan Police is very interesting and I can understand how hard you must have worked to put this all together. Well done you!

The high quality of both the printing and binding has not gone unnoticed either; so a pat on the back to your printers.

All the best
                  John

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                  X