Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Annotated Edition, ' The Lighter Side Of My Official Life' ( Malcolm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Banks
    replied
    Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
    Duly noted Scott!
    Is there any update on this one John?

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    Duly noted Scott!

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Commentary on the "O.U. Duck" section (towards the end) would be beneficial. I think it contains the key to his thinking on the case.

Leave a comment:

• John Malcolm
    replied
    Still some time away...The bar was set very high with Mango's The Annotated I Caught Crippen, so I really need to get it right. I'm confident in my guides and it'll be done when they say "done".

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Any idea when this book is coming? I want it. I want it now!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Banks
    replied
    John’s last book was excellent so I look forward to getting this one.

Leave a comment:

• The Annotated Edition, ' The Lighter Side Of My Official Life' ( Malcolm)

Coming in 2021...
    THE ANNOTATED THE LIGHTER SIDE OF MY OFFICIAL LIFE
    Edited with an Introduction and Notes
    by John Malcolm
    “I am almost tempted to disclose the identity of the murderer… But no public benefit would result from such a course, and the traditions of my old department would suffer.”
    The bold claims by Sir Robert Anderson, Assistant Commissioner (Crime) of Scotland Yard’s CID from 1888-1901, have long divided opinion amongst students of the Jack the Ripper murders. Did Anderson really know the name of the most famous serial killer of all time?
    His 1910 memoir, The Lighter Side of My Official Life, certainly ruffled feathers on its release, and the truth of Anderson’s comments is difficult to assess, as indeed is the character of the man himself.
    This faithful facsimile of this scarce book features extensive notes by Anderson authority John Malcolm, along with a detailed Introduction examining the Assistant Commissioner’s personality, his professional career and his extensive religious writings, and an Appendix which discusses the truth behind Anderson’s claim that the Ripper was a Polish Jew, seemingly supported by the handwritten notes made by Anderson’s colleague Chief Inspector Donald Swanson in his own personal copy of The Lighter Side of My Official Life.

Working...
X