Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybrick diary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybrick diary

    Hi
    i had been reading threads on the provenance of the diary on case book, when it came to mind of a trailer i watched some time ago.
    i was wondering does anyone here know of it,s full release and were to watch or is there nothing to come ?
    it,s a trailer of something to be released is how i see it.

    The Diary of Jack the Ripper, Series Trailer on Vimeo

  • #2
    hi just been told it,s not been released as yet ! but
    here is a different video and introduction for any one not in the know of this saga !

    Visiting Jack the Ripper Grave | Anfield Cemetery | James Maybrick - YouTube

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Milchmanuk.

      The video link you posted yesterday is now inoperable. The trailer has been taken down, even though it apparently had been up for about eight months. Did the person who told you the film hasn't been released give a reason why or give any indication why the link would be removed?

      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post
        Hi Milchmanuk.

        The video link you posted yesterday is now inoperable. The trailer has been taken down, even though it apparently had been up for about eight months. Did the person who told you the film hasn't been released give a reason why or give any indication why the link would be removed?

        Thanks.
        Hi the trailer does have some trouble playing at times like the link might take you somewhere else a couple times to adds ?
        it was jmenges from casebook JTR site that said it has not been released as yet ?
        i had a site message from him to tell me of the other link to the anfield cemetery walk about by a podcast on casebook , the production team never gave permission's for it to be public ?
        HENCE that's why it's on YouTube !
        Der ............
        a public platform.
        production team never asked permission's either from local council to film in public place , same merry go round scenario / total rubbish .
        i was then asked by jmenges to ask the moderators here on this forum to take the links down as jmenges said " we dont want any trouble "
        so i have washed my hands of it and my legal team laughs HA HA

        you could ask jmenges on casebook forums for more info .
        i am looking forward to the release !
        and perhaps the mud slinging thats goin to come with it.
        poor old Maybrick must be turning in he,s grave.

        Comment


        • #5
          hi
          also as there is no video now there is no case to answer,

          Comment


          • #6
            The video linked to in the first post seems to have been removed from Vimeo, as RJ said.

            The video linked to in the second post appears to have been posted to YouTube by the people who made it, and an embedded version of it is also available on their website.

            Unless something is not what it appears, I don't understand the request to remove a link, unless it referred to the Vimeo link (which doesn't work now anyway). Of course, if you want to remove something in your own posts, you don't need to ask the moderators to do so. You can just use the "Edit" option (which also allows you to delete a whole post).

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, M.

              I guess I don't understand. I thought the whole point of a trailer is to generate interest in an upcoming film whether it has been released yet or not.

              Off-hand, I can't understand why a filmmaker wouldn't want his trailer released as far and as wide as possible, but maybe there is something I'm missing.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post
                Thanks, M.

                I guess I don't understand. I thought the whole point of a trailer is to generate interest in an upcoming film whether it has been released yet or not.

                Off-hand, I can't understand why a filmmaker wouldn't want his trailer released as far and as wide as possible, but maybe there is something I'm missing.

                Maybe they're trying to start a discussion about the mysterious disappearance of the trailer from Vimeo, as a publicity stunt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  hi
                  thx for advise i much appreciate that,
                  also i agree with r j palmer.
                  as for edit i will try and remove myself but i dont know what went wrong ! also the casebook site only those who run the site can edit and remove posts as i have already been told.
                  do take my posts with some humor as they are for the stronger minded generally .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i originally was asking for release dates and info, !
                    makes me wonder with the investment of time the production teams have put in that it is a fraud ! ? i mean fake diary. possible no release

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post
                      hi
                      thx for advise i much appreciate that,
                      also i agree with r j palmer.
                      as for edit i will try and remove myself but i dont know what went wrong ! also the casebook site only those who run the site can edit and remove posts as i have already been told.
                      do take my posts with some humor as they are for the stronger minded generally .
                      Unless I'm missing something, I don't see the need to remove anything. I was just saying you have that ability if you do want to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

                        Unless I'm missing something, I don't see the need to remove anything. I was just saying you have that ability if you do want to.
                        hi not causes waves but i couldn't on one site and this one i did not find my way.
                        i truly appreciate your correspondence,
                        it only left me with a feeling the diary as been discovered as fake and this is the hush hush >
                        i would still like to see the outcome more so now,

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post
                          hi
                          thx for advise i much appreciate that,
                          also i agree with r j palmer.
                          as for edit i will try and remove myself but i dont know what went wrong ! also the casebook site only those who run the site can edit and remove posts as i have already been told.
                          do take my posts with some humor as they are for the stronger minded generally .
                          The only reason that occurs to me (and I may well be wrong) is that if the distributor pulled out of the film deal, maybe the trailer had to be pulled also. I have no idea. Or maybe the release has been delayed to the point that they think that having the trailer out will only cause confusion.

                          This is clearly the documentary that James Johnston of Foxmere Films was working on a few years ago, and as Johnston is slated to speak at Chris Jones's book release event in September, I assume we will get an update at that time.

                          That's less than 3 months away.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post

                            The only reason that occurs to me (and I may well be wrong) is that if the distributor pulled out of the film deal, maybe the trailer had to be pulled also. I have no idea. Or maybe the release has been delayed to the point that they think that having the trailer out will only cause confusion.

                            This is clearly the documentary that James Johnston of Foxmere Films was working on a few years ago, and as Johnston is slated to speak at Chris Jones's book release event in September, I assume we will get an update at that time.

                            That's less than 3 months away.
                            The Vimeo channel belongs to a production company called Below the Radar, so I suppose they could be asked.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              book release is the answer perhaps !
                              look forward to another .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X