Wanted: Convention Reporter !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Convention Reporter !!

Psst....interested in a low paying job with high dividends( for the rest of us) ?

Then come forward and assume the position...that of JTR Forums Convention Reporter !

I assumed the position of Convention reporter 2 years ago and I didn't regret a minute of it. I would do it again, but they only wanted polite company in '08. That means you !

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate and give us the lowdown on this years event that should provide some interesting new information we can all use.

Thanks !!
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Don't worry, Howard. After some of the stuff we've got comes out, you'll see it on CNN.

Comment

Any of our reporters want to reveal this big thing that Mr Hutchinson is giving out hints about on casebook, before the suspense kills us?
      Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

I'm here, Jon, and those that know are sworn to secrecy. It will all be coming out over the next few days. This was the benefit those people that came to the Conference had.

What I have currently said is that this photo I have acquired (the original, so you won't find it anywhere else) is the earliest Ripper tourist photograph ever taken and it is of a place where we previously had no photograph. And it's a fantastic shot. Very sharp, beautifully composed and just a dream to look at.

I'm afraid you are all going to have to wait some time to see it as I have ideas for a book. The reason for this is because of what happened to the Annie Chapman image Neal did so much work on. People just nicked it and used it without acknowledgement. Well, I have done dozens and dozens of hours of work on this over the last year so I want it to forever be linked with my name. I'm not interested in getting rich on this, I just want to feed my ego. As I said on Casebook, I have given a lot of old photos and documents to Ripperology and this one is for me. It's head and shoulders above anything else I've ever found and could be the biggest find in Ripperology for 20 years.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Yeah I understand your reasoning Phil, and I can't say I blame you. I hope you enjoy keeping us all in suspense.

I'm just like a kid waiting for Christmas with stuff like this!
          Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Over on asebook Philip has revealed that it's a photo of the interior of Dutfield's Yard, including the spot on the ground where Stride's body was found. He's also on a thread there posted a link to a small version of the image with copyright notces attached that will only be online for the next 24 hours. So if you want to see a glimpse of it before the book comes out with a larger and more clear version, head on over and take a look.

Comment

Dear Mr. Hutchinson,sor....

I have one question as to the authenticity of that photo and I wanna answer right now,God#&^#it !!!

Who the hell are all those Chinamen in Dutfields Alley and what are they doing!!!!
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

For those who were not at the Convention, maybe someone could give us a encapulsa..encasps..encap...ah balls, rundown of the speeches and their content.

We gotta start somewhere...so:

What did Robert MacLaughlin's speech cover?
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi all.

This is the link to the photo. It says only for use via Casebook, but as I put that on there anyway I think that's OK to put the link here too.

http://www.jacktheripper.de/dutfields/

I'd like to thank the many people who've been e-mailing me and sending me PMs of support. You needn't worry - the pillocks kicking up a fuss on Casebook throwing accusations my way don't worry me at all because I have no doubt about what it is. They do, however, annoy me. Idiots.

Be quick if you want to see it. It disappears again at midnight tomorrow, German time. Then that will be it until I do the book.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Pictures,schmictures....as our late friend Dave Radka used to say....I want to hear what you talked about !!!!

Start yappin'....

Hey, thanks for putting up the photo,Brick. Stan and JD are taping the show you ruined...er, appeared on with Lindsay Siviter, "The World Of Jack The Ripper" for me.

How
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Too bad - it would have made a great caption contest image.

Congrats to Philip anyway, even though there appears to be no Baphomet visible.

Comment

No Baphomet,thats true...but Chinamen galore.

Plus I done seen a ghost...look at the far left and in the rear at the solitary woman...thats a ghost. I know it is.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                        X