Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD and photographs

Dear all,

I'm delighted to announce that the Conference DVD is nearing completion, and it is hoped we'll have some copies available to buy at the Whitechapel Society meeting on 5 December.

Pricing is yet to be confirmed, but I'll email you with this and ordering information shortly.

In the meantime, Jeff Leahy has put together a promo which can be viewed at the following webpage:

http://www.ripperconference.com/dvd/promo.html

For best viewing click on the fullscreen icon.

Also, some 224 photographs taken by Official Conference Photographer Gail Dowle can be viewed at the following webpage:

http://www.ripperconference.com/photos

To navigate, use the buttons in the bottom right corner. The play button will launch an automatic slideshow.

If you would like copies of any of these photos please let me know.

Best wishes, and thanks Gail!

Adam

Gah! There are pictures of me dancing! The shame!
    Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Mate, I still have a video of you singing on my iPhone that I can't work out how to upload!

Ride, Sally, Ride indeed....

Originally posted by Big Jon View Post
      Gah! There are pictures of me dancing! The shame!

Comment

What's your price Wood? Name an amount!
        Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

I wouldn't part with it... that, along with Chris G's song, will form the cornerstone of the entertainment next time... a warning for the wary, as Mr Bell would put it.

Originally posted by Big Jon View Post
          What's your price Wood? Name an amount!

Comment

Adam:

Thanks for this information. Please put my name on that list.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact [email protected]

Comment

Will do How.

I take it you mean the video of Jon's epic Commitments audition... I'll et you a DVD of the conference too.

Adam

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
              Adam:

Thanks for this information. Please put my name on that list.

Comment

Wow.

That was a very nice set of photos...thanks so much to Gail Dowle for sharing them and for taking all the effort and time in doing so.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Woodrow;

That would be most appreciated..in both respects.

Growing a beard I see...
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How big is Big?

Ok the basics are done. It all requires joining together.

Here I am heading into unknown territory. I have never created anything this Big before.

The aim is to get the whole conference on two DVD's

I have just set up a time line for Saturday : Stuart Orme, Chris George, Mei Trow and Philip Hutchinson.

Running Time 3 hrs 28 minutes and 6 seconds

Its going to take an hour to render as you lose some information when you paste across. Then the second camera will require conforming to sequence.

Rendering out an HD file this size? well your guess is as good as mine but it could take a couple of days and if its over a terror bite I'll be in problems.

We may have to consider a lower rez format. But lets keep our fingers crossed. I'll be running tests today.

UPDATE: Jeff

PS If not the Best, we should hold the world record for the longest Jack the Ripper documentary in History!

Comment

Ok not as bad as I thought. I've clip it a bit more.

3 hours 24 minutes and 18 seconds. So about the size of Lord of the Rings.

The render seems to want 10 hours which is only an over night jobby. I have a freind in Finland who would laugh and Pooh pooh such sizes.

I'm off for a run but its all on schedual.

Jeff

PS We will try and have it on sale at the Whitechappel Xmas bash. However I still need to test it on USA DVd mechines which Howard has kindly agreed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                        Ok not as bad as I thought. I've clip it a bit more.

3 hours 24 minutes and 18 seconds. So about the size of Lord of the Rings.
                        Is it precioussss Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                          Is it precioussss Jeff?

"I'm not altogther on anybodies side, because nobody is altogther on my side"

Not altogether relevant but tis my favourite quote from the book

Sitting watching the render button, 19 minutes to go...

Comment

I would like to thank Paul Begg and Richard Jones for bringing the Sunday DVD in at:

3 hrs 11 minutes and 39 seconds

I think of course that altering a fellow Directors work is considered Sacrosanct in the Film industry...

However following death threats, and liable actions, and in fear of my future children, I have decided to make a few alterations to the Mega Movie section RIPPERLANDS...

Hopefully I will be able to sleep with myself..sorry John.

RE: the unmentionable shots looking up commercial street? There are two of these in the fog section..I can cover these with fog..but this is a big Motion 3 effect that might take some time? Certainly not tonight. I will proceed by play out Saturday see you all in 10 hours Time.

UPDATE: Saturday is on Cook. ETA....6 am tomorrow morning.

Comment

Jeff - 'Terror byte'. Ha! Best typo ever!

PHILIP
                              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Working...
                              X