Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Conference update

Dear all,

With the 2010 Ripper Conference just over a month away, time for a full update.

The full line up of speakers has now been confirmed, with the last addition - Trevor Bond - speaking on Frances Coles. The evening before the Conference Trevor will be hosting a fund raising Ripperology quiz in aid of the Frances Coles Memorial Appeal 2011. Details below.

PLACES AVAILABLE!
    At the time of writing there are 12 places available - if you're interested in attending please visit the website (www.ripperconference.com) and sign up now. Places will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis.

FRIDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2010
    A Ripperology Challenge pub quiz and social evening has been arranged by Trevor Bond, and will start at 7pm in the Bell pub on Middlesex Street. Entry is £2, funds are in aid of the
    Frances Coles Memorial Appeal 2011.
    See www.thebellpub.co.uk/contact.php for a map.

SATURDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2010
    The Conference proper starts at 10.00am on Saturday 25 September. The last scheduled event is at 5.30pm followed by an open bar until 11.30pm.

THE KING'S STORES, WIDEGATE STREET, LONDON E1
    Located a two minute walk from the site of Miller's Court, The King's Stores is perfectly situated to host a Ripper Conference, sitting on the corner of Widegate Street and Sandy's Row. We have hired the pub in its entirety for the day, so that there are dedicated areas for lectures, coffee breaks and lunches, as well as a book room and coat/baggage storage area.

Running order to be confirmed, but the following speakers will be appearing:

MC COLIN COBB
    JOHN BENNETT on The Doss Houses of Flower and Dean Street
    GARETH WILLIAMS on Severin Klosowski
    MIKE COVELL on the Ripper's links to Hull
    TREVOR BOND on Frances Coles

Book Room with sales!
    Ripper Raffle!
    Late night entertainment!
    Plus many other surprises...

THE COST OF THE ONE-DAY EVENT IS £50 PER PERSON.
    We're asking delegates to book their own accommodation. .

WHAT'S INCLUDED?
    * Four lectures and all other special events
    * Delegate literature
    * Coffee breaks, buffet lunch and hot evening meal
    * Late night entertainment

WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
    * Accommodation and breakfasts
    * Bar drinks

Best wishes
    Adam

www.ripperconference.com

Comment

Dear Adam:

Will this event be filmed or praserved for posterity as the last one was in 2009 ?
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
        Dear Adam:

Will this event be filmed or praserved for posterity as the last one was in 2009 ?

Its on our radar!!

We are very busy at present. But I am hoping to do so...ask again in one week

Pirate Jack

Comment

If possible...and I'm sure Mike Covell won't mind....could we get a copy of the text of the speakers' presentations to peruse here on The Forums ?

I think this would be a bonus to all those who study the Case and in particular to those who focus specifically on the subject matter the speakers will be discussing.

Thank you.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi All

This post is just to confirm that we will be filming at this years conference, although when edits will be available? is more problematic..

But we would like to include extra interviews and info on the Defintive Story special features.

I've booked a hotel now for the weekend and would love to meet and chat with anyone in London.

Catch you all soon. Jeff x

Comment

Just a quick message to say that I've managed to get a wordpress app for my blackberry, so shall be blogging after every speaker (and other noteworthy times during the weekend). So keep an eye on http://jonrees.wordpress.com/ from Friday morning.

I'll also be tweeting during the conference, so follow http://twitter.com/jonrees87
              Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

I would like to wish everyone attending this year's conference a fun and informative time. I'm truly am that I can't make it this time. Share a toast to little old Rob back here in Canada if you get the chance. My recovery from hip replacement surgery continues to come along nicely.

I truly hope someone from is there to represent.

I'm there in spirit with handshakes, hugs and kisses.

Robert

p.s. Hmmm... wonder if I can make that 2011 London Job?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jon View Post
                  Just a quick message to say that I've managed to get a wordpress app for my blackberry, so shall be blogging after every speaker (and other noteworthy times during the weekend). So keep an eye on http://jonrees.wordpress.com/ from Friday morning.

I'll also be tweeting during the conference, so follow http://twitter.com/jonrees87
                  Hello Jon

Thanks for this. I will check in on your reports. I am sorry that I am not able to be there for this year's event. I send everyone my best. Hopefully I can be there for the 2011 event!

Cheers

Chris
                  Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                  https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                  Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

John Bennett is a very smart man, whose contributions to the Case are known throughout the community.
                    So its not surprising to me in the least that he'd be featured at the 2010 Convention delivering an important speech on an area of the Case that believe it or not,some people overlook at times.

I understand Jon Rees has been handing out mimeographed sheets containing some of my more better captions ( sorry that I didn't get to autograph any,gang !! ) to the conventioneers.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

From Jon Rees' blog:

"Had a message at reception about a chauffer waiting for me outside RBS… Bizarre! Wandered down and couldn’t see anything."

50 bucks says that either Mike or Bob pulled that prank on you Jonny !
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Few people have as much passion ( talent too ) in regard to an area of the Case as does Trevor Bond. He's a good guy and thats probably an excellent speech he's shown here delivering...

But speaking of delivering...thats an ominous message there on the message board someone mysteriously delivered right in the middle of T.B.'s speech.

...but will the message be fulfilled ?:cool:

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

One of the benefits...or so they tell me..of visiting The Big Smoke...is getting to rub elbows with all different sorts of people. This may be true...I dunno.
                          Looks like Jon ( at left ) and Mike ran into one of the taproom regulars...Baphomet...during the Convention.
                          See if you can get him to register on the Forums,guys !
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Ah...nothing like kicking back in a room full of like minded people..enjoying Ripper related discussion....some of that English food....uh....well, three outta four ain't bad..a pint of beer...and a truly great book.

Bob Anderson with some preferred reading in London.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

There's more than one great thing that ever came outta Wales besides the road to England....the one and only Gareth Williams...a.k.a. Sam Flynn.
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

We're debatin' whether to use Gareth as the logo for the Forums.
                                I count 3 votes yea so far...
                                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                                X