No announcement yet.

Photos From Hell : The 125th Anniversary Convention Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're too kind Paul and Gareth. The feedback has been overwhelming. Several people have even told me my talk was the highlight of the conference for them! I really wasn't expecting this.

All I did was interpret and present the research of others - they did the hard work! I just applied it to the Ripper case.
    Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Missed you!

Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post
      I was disappointed too, Gareth, not to see all my friends old and new.

The problem was the timing. It coincided with Remembrance Sunday, which is one of the most important dates on the calendar for my better half and his lovely Mum - and therefore for me.

If the conference ever goes back to being in late summer again I'll do my very best to be there.

So pleased everyone enjoyed themselves.

Lots of love,

Caz
      X

PS Howie, you wouldn't want to see a photo of Caz these days. I'm nearly 60 for God's sake!
      Conference without Caz is just a load of people milling aimlessly around. I think I speak for an awful lot of red blooded males when I say ' You better believe we want a piccy of you!'
      www.darkdeedswales.com

Comment

My photos from the 2013 Conference

I was thinking of posting all my photos here, but it seems rather pointless when I can just post a link to the album on Facebook. This is a public folder, so everyone should be able to view it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dc5fe8b1cd

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

I would say that Jon

Your talk was my favourite one as I think it suited my preferences for such information but the delivery was certainly excellent and I was rivetted throughout

It occurred to me at the time about tiredness and alcohol also affecting the memory of witnesses

It was very interesting that violence, occurring in a scene that was witnessed, negatively affected the memory of the events

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            I would say that Jon

Your talk was my favourite one as I think it suited my preferences for such information but the delivery was certainly excellent and I was rivetted throughout
            Rosie the Rivetter, make way for Big Jon the Rivetter.
            Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
            https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
            Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Hi Lynn

The Rob Clack Experience.

Hey Joe, where you going with that Nikon D610 DSLR in your hand? "I'm going down to shoot the cemetery."

Comment

Andrew:

Thanks a ton, buddy !
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                  It occurred to me at the time about tiredness and alcohol also affecting the memory of witnesses
                  ... they can also have a deleterious effect on conference-goers, too, Neems. As I found to my cost... no, pleasure
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                  (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Just a few shots of me and by me.

Monty
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think I messed up the pics of Tenter St, Neil so if you are in that area in the near future would you mind getting me a couple of shots please?

(my phone decided to pack up the minute I arrived back home and a lot of pics on the memory card were corrupted)

Here's one that survived...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	553825

As far as I can make out, Grainger's attack in 1895 occurred close to the first turning on the left - the street looks shorter than it appears on 1888 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jon View Post
                        You're too kind Paul and Gareth. The feedback has been overwhelming. Several people have even told me my talk was the highlight of the conference for them! I really wasn't expecting this.

All I did was interpret and present the research of others - they did the hard work! I just applied it to the Ripper case.
                        So you're more than just eye candy? What was the subject of your talk?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Never mind his talk; what about my LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                            Mike Covell and the mayor of Hull accepted in your absence.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                              I think they spelt your name wrong Scott as it was collected by some chap called Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                                So you're more than just eye candy? What was the subject of your talk?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                I'm a bit of both Tom!

I spoke about problems facing the accuracy of eyewitness testimony. Even had a practical demonstration in which I had people remember a black guy as being white and a majority of delegates give a false suspect identification.
                                Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X