X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gareth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      That's Neil Storey in the rather fetching tweed suit, which one hopes has neither blood nor sperm on it.
      But is there any significance in the pattern of the material?

Is it, perchance, the Feckin' Tosh tartan?

Comment

Neil Storey is the MC, NOT part of the Russ and Jari show.

He is no way associated with them. That needs to be made clear.

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
          But is there any significance in the pattern of the material?

Is it, perchance, the Feckin' Tosh tartan?
          I wouldn't know about that, Gary, but at least it's thoroughly checked.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

If it's a genuine old fashioned tweed the colours will have been "fixed" in urine, and the wearer will presumably, therefore, fluoresce...but unless it's an extremely exclusive tweed, the DNA evidence will be far from unique...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              I wouldn't know about that, Gary, but at least it's thoroughly checked.
              Damn! I walked straight into that one. Plaid right into your hands.

Comment

Whitechapel Society

Extract from email just sent to the Whitechapel Society

Please remove me from the membership list forthwith.

I am disgusted that two charlatans have been publicly allowed by the society to suppress both questions and evidence at a recent convention.

I am deeply ashamed to be associated in any way with this matter, and will from now on be recommending that persons with a genuine interest in the Whitechapel Murders do NOT on any account join your society
                All the best

Dave

Comment

Let me ask this then....

What did the Doctor and 'The Jack The Ripper Experience' guy talk about ?

Where are the WS1888 people ?
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact [email protected]

Comment

As one of those who voluntarily left yesterday afternoons talks in protest I would ask that we try and move on from this unfortunate incident. The key players in the WS concerned met with Ricky yesterday and words were exchanged with an agreement that we would all try and put this nonsense behind us. I would like to encourage everyone to do the same.
                    Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Jon,

I say this with great respect.

Whatever is going on between the WS society and team Cobb has no relevance to the field of Ripperology, and the fact that the latest (and alleged, biggest) advancement in the field has been questioned, and spectacularly ducked (with one of the main societies in the field complicitly involved in that avoidance), is far more reaching than this spat.

People, across the world, have paid good money to be told that the case has been solved, and are now told by some pretty big players in the DNA world that, actually, it may not. Lucy has some splainin to do.

You all may agree to move on, the rest of us really would like an answer to the questions raised.

Monty

Comment

I think the Whitechapel Society should have used a little imagination regarding the Edwards/Dr. J demand about not fielding questions regarding the problems with the DNA & shawl.

One example of how people have dealt with this strongarming and last minute manipulation goes like this.

38 years ago, the Soviet Red Army hockey team came to North America...beating most of the NHL teams they faced....until they had to face the Philadelphia Flyers.
                        The Flyers played Flyer hockey, which was very physical...something the Reds weren't used to.
                        In the first period, they pulled their team off the ice and declared that they'd quit.
                        There was a packed house at the Philadelphia Spectrum...17-18,000 paying customers...and they were getting riled up. Ticket prices were pretty steep.
                        The Flyers' owner went to the Red dressing room...and simply said, "No play, no pay !"
                        Within 10 minutes, the Soviets returned and finished the game, losing 4-1.

Were Edwards and Dr. J paid in advance ? If not, they should hold back the cash.

Or.....

If the two refused to discuss the DNA/shawl controversy.....then they, the WS1888, could have gone to the media ( Daily Mail, Independent, whatever) and informed them that these two flat out refused to respond to legitimate and serious questions about the DNA issue.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Best Wishes,
                          Cris Malone

Comment

Sorry to get in the way of a good story and a general outburst of righteous indignation, accompanied by grumpy precipitous emails cancelling society memberships, but so far not a shred of evidence has been presented to show that any questions which were submitted in the proper and pre-advertised manner were rejected.
                            I made enquiries and was told that - believe it or not - no one sent in a question about the DNA discrepancy.
                            Perhaps people should wait to see evidence of rejected questions before leaping to judgment? Just an idea.

For the record I have seen one question that was not asked. But it was scribbled down a minute or two before the Q and A started, in a well-meaning attempt to ask the question, when this person realised that there were no relevant questions on the list. The deadline as 28th October apparently.

I have seen one other question but have no idea whether it was sent through to the correct recipient within the timescale (it would have had to have passed between two intervening hands to get there for some reason).

Comment

Ed:
                              I don't see how it is possible that Edwards and Dr. J. would not know that the Conventioneers had essentially just one question to put forth.
                              The obvious one....about the error in Louhelainen's findings.

Like someone has already mentioned, it was merely a book promotion for Edwards.
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Sorry Ed

If it's true that a certain person was asked to leave the room before the interviews, and the Society didn't say F*** off, then it's a disgrace...

If subsequently, (and after various members left the room in protest), the interviews went ahead anyhow, then it's a disgrace...

If it's true that the dynamic duo were allowed to specify that certain questions wouldn't be permitted, and the session went ahead anyway, then it's a disgrace...

How do WS1888 emerge from this fiasco with any credibility at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X