No announcement yet.

2014 Ripper Conference In The U.K.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Dave Radka would say 'crime, schrime...".
    Actually, he's a top flight Ripperologist.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
      I may be wholly wrong, and I probably am, but Dr L explained his extraction process at Salisbury and I don't seem to recall that he entertained any doubt that it worked. Maybe Robert Anderson recalls?
      That's pretty obvious, Paul. The question of course is if Jari is right.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Really? So Lynn's message board posts are the same as the irrefutable science Edwards and Jari are peddling for cash?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

To be fair, youre right. Theyre not. At least Edwards managed to write more thana couple of lines of nonsense.

I suppose you are going to back up with evidence your assertion that Jari is peddling his work for cash ?

Any chance of that?

I guess I can add your name to the list of vociferous ripperologists making unfounded claims.

p

Comment

That's pretty obvious, Paul. The question of course is if Jari is right.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          I didn't think it was 'pretty obvious'. Dr L might not have mentioned anything at all about his extraction process at Salisbury.

Comment

Maybe Robert Anderson recalls?
            He's decided to be coy after all?..

Comment

I didn't think it was 'pretty obvious'. Dr L might not have mentioned anything at all about his extraction process at Salisbury.
              And if he hadn't you would have reason to suspect that Jari entertains doubts about his own process that he's still promoting and is planning to use in cold cases across two continents?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
                To be fair, youre right. Theyre not. At least Edwards managed to write more thana couple of lines of nonsense.

I suppose you are going to back up with evidence your assertion that Jari is peddling his work for cash ?

Any chance of that?

I guess I can add your name to the list of vociferous ripperologists making unfounded claims.

p
                You'll note I said 'Edwards & Jari', and there's a book out with Edwards name on it and in promotion of that book he and Jari have made numerous appearances. Oh, and the book costs money, hence the cash. I would wager Jari's services in the two cold cases that he and Edwards are working on won't be for free, and those came about because of their having 'solved' the Ripper mystery. Then there's the movie and documentary rights that Jari has discussed. Those are known to pay money as well (unless your name is Ed Stow and Christer Holmgren).

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom. Small piece of advice. Vide infra.

heh-heh

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Attached Files

Comment

I may be wholly wrong, and I probably am, but Dr L explained his extraction process at Salisbury and I don't seem to recall that he entertained any doubt that it worked. Maybe Robert Anderson recalls?
                    What I mean is, how would he know he had succeeded in extracting 125-year-old DNA, except through the claimed matches to Catherine Eddowes and Aaron Kozminski? It seems to me that the validation of the technique is dependent on the matches.

Comment

You'll note I said 'Edwards & Jari', and there's a book out with Edwards name on it and in promotion of that book he and Jari have made numerous appearances. Oh, and the book costs money, hence the cash. I would wager Jari's services in the two cold cases that he and Edwards are working on won't be for free, and those came about because of their having 'solved' the Ripper mystery. Then there's the movie and documentary rights that Jari has discussed. Those are known to pay money as well (unless your name is Ed Stow and Christer Holmgren).

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Supposition on your part.

You have no evidence. You have no insight into what arrangements were established between teh two parties.

You have no idea of any contracts. A man who gets his first look at a book just before its annoucned to the press and who does not share authorship would appear to be hardly well positioned to be reaping the benefits fiscally.

Again, your opinion counts for didly squat unless you have some factual evidence.

And you dont.

I'll just add this stuff to the growing catalogue of unsubstantiated rumor then shall I?

p

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
                        Supposition on your part.

You have no evidence. You have no insight into what arrangements were established between teh two parties.

You have no idea of any contracts. A man who gets his first look at a book just before its annoucned to the press and who does not share authorship would appear to be hardly well positioned to be reaping the benefits fiscally.

Again, your opinion counts for didly squat unless you have some factual evidence.

And you dont.

I'll just add this stuff to the growing catalogue of unsubstantiated rumor then shall I?

p
                        I have tons of evidence. All the press photos, interviews, podcasts, etc. Jari's appearance at Salisbury. All of this to promote a book that is being sold. And I can prove the publishers are asking money for that book, if you'd like to see it. I never stated Jari was receiving the funds. I said he's promoting products for cash, and that's a fact. Ask anyone who's paid to buy the book and they'll tell you. But if you don't think there's some sort of back end on this for Jari, you're extraordinarily naive.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                          He's decided to be coy after all?..
                          Didn't he post his notes somewhere?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I have tons of evidence. All the press photos, interviews, podcasts, etc. Jari's appearance at Salisbury. All of this to promote a book that is being sold. And I can prove the publishers are asking money for that book, if you'd like to see it. I never stated Jari was receiving the funds. I said he's promoting products for cash, and that's a fact. Ask anyone who's paid to buy the book and they'll tell you. But if you don't think there's some sort of back end on this for Jari, you're extraordinarily naive.

Tom Wescott
                            Thats not evidence. Provide some evidence that Jari is being paid rather than doing PR for his university or whatever where just his expenses are being paid.

Prove that he gets any financial renumeration from each book sold.

It doesnt matter how aggressively you promote your unsubstantiated musings....you have no evidence.

His name isnt on the book. He had no hand in writing it.

Do you think Edwards pays royalities to someone who didnt help write the book nor who consulted during its writing.

You really think that?

Course you dont, but you cant admit that as it interrupts your skewed and fairly bilious view of the world.

Same as you cannot admit when you falsely accuse people of things and are called upon it.

p

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster
                              Prove that he gets any financial renumeration from each book sold.
                              Why would I want to prove such a thing when I've never stated he did? You need to reign in your imagination, Mr. P.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

And if he hadn't you would have reason to suspect that Jari entertains doubts about his own process that he's still promoting and is planning to use in cold cases across two continents?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                No, I might have concluded that he was avoiding a contentious topic. But it's irrelevant. I simply stated that Dr L did not seem to have any doubts that his method did extract DNA. What he is promoting or planning is irrelevant to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X