Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Diary Of Jack The Ripper : Research & Conclusion ( 2017 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been among the earliest people to "investigate" the diary with Keith and Shirley and Feldy and Melvyn F., and having spent time with Mike and Ann, I'm naturally interested to read what Keith and the other researchers have to say. I just hope it doesn't all turn out to be a damp squib that most people seem to think it's going to be. I'm really looking forward to Robert Smith's book, not just to find out what new information he has, but for the book itself - a reproduction of the diary, annotated, and with Mango's production qualities, well, it's got to be worth the cover price hasn't it. On which note, try to get a copy of "A Forensic Forum". Another winner. But this is supposed to be about Ricky's publication...

Comment

Time reveals all, and you are quite right this is about a publication to go with the 2017 Jack the Ripper Conference in Liverpool. If you enjoy the field then you will enjoy the product, i assure you. Try to keep personal feelings out of it as it diminishes the fantastic work many worthy researchers have contributed to the upcoming event. They deserve utmost respect im sure you all would agree.

I'll post up a pre-order link soon for you to get your orders in.

Many thanks

Ricky

Comment

Robins book has been on my radar for sometime Paul.

Looking forward to reading it.

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
          Robins book has been on my radar for sometime Paul.

Looking forward to reading it.

Monty

Hello Monty

Who is Robin? Do you mean Robert???

It you do mean Robert Smith, my view is that this is probably going to be (although I hope I am wrong!) a remake of Ripper Diary: The Inside Story with the exception that Robert appears to accept wholesale the iffy story that the Liverpool electricians working for Portus and Rhodes found the Diary under the floorboards at Battlecrease House.

Bottom line is -- if this is speculation, as I think it might be, it doesn't advance us any further.

Best regards

Chris
          Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
          https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
          Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

No Chris,

Paul and I are referring to Robin Odell, whose eagerly anticipated new book, 'A Forensic Forum', is now available.

http://www.mangobooks.co.uk/book.php?b=27

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              No Chris,

Paul and I are referring to Robin Odell, whose eagerly anticipated new book, 'A Forensic Forum', is now available.

http://www.mangobooks.co.uk/book.php?b=27

Monty
              Thanks, Monty. I'll look out for Robin's book.

Chris
              Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER : Research and Conclusion

I can confirm that Mike Barretts notes will be scanned and printed in the upcoming "Diary of Jack the Ripper: Research and Conclusion"

I will probably scan and upload them here after the 2017 Conference

You heard it here first folks.

Pre-order sales link will be uploaded soon - limited copies will be available.

Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
                  Thanks, Monty. I'll look out for Robin's book.

Chris
                  Do Chris,

Visually it's stunning. Content wise I've no idea however it's Robin Odell...I need not say anymore.

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Cobb View Post
                    DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER : Research and Conclusion

I can confirm that Mike Barretts notes will be scanned and printed in the upcoming "Diary of Jack the Ripper: Research and Conclusion"

I will probably scan and upload them here after the 2017 Conference

You heard it here first folks.

Pre-order sales link will be uploaded soon - limited copies will be available.

Ricky
                    A nice coup. Well done.

Comment

Thanks Rob

It'll be nice to finally have a book dedicated to Diary research in time for 25th Anniversary and offering something not seen before.

Several more Ripperology projects are in the pipeline. Watch this space.

Comment

Thanks Rob

It'll be nice to finally have a book dedicated to Diary research in time for 25th Anniversary and offering something not seen before.
                        It's like waiting for a bus. Nothing for ages and then two come along at once.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                          It's like waiting for a bus. Nothing for ages and then two come along at once.
                          I'm sure they will both compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                            I'm sure they will both compliment each other.

Yes indeed, Rob. It's going to be an interesting time for anybody fascinated by the whole diary mystery.

Comment

The Liverpool Conference and research book was an idea i tried to plug back in 2014 to a few others, knowing the 2017 anniversary was approaching fast. I even had an idea for a Documentary re-visit and feel i could have marketed that quite well.

It would have been nice for us all to work together but sadly it wasnt meant to be.

I think all enthusiasts will enjoy whatever comes out and i encourage everyone to snap up both pieces of work as they will be very different and both will be beneficial to the field.

Perhaps something can be done to have us all working together for the 130th anniversary in 2018.

My door is always open and as always i have a million ideas that could work well.

Ricky

Comment

My door is always open.

Ricky
                                Mine isn't, I have a revolving door.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X