Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doc Brown On Tackling Arthritic Pain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doc Brown On Tackling Arthritic Pain

    Never really enjoyed marijuana, having had my first toke on the green back in '67. Many of my amigos smoked it...but I hated the smell and feeling. Same with beer. Couldn't deal with the smell....but that sure as hell changed.

    Anyway.....for over a decade, I've had at least one body part go south on me every day due to arthritis or sports injuries acquired when I was young.

    I've tried percocets, oxycodones, tramadols, and basically every opioid (except heroin) known to man and pharmacy. My job is half mind, half physical, very physical at times, and being an old shit ( 66 this year) it ain't getting easier and won't get easier until I retire.

    So...I took a friend's advice..a co-worker with a rod in his right leg... and began taking a toke or two of marijuana every morning before work....usually at 4:30 AM. That was 11 days ago. In those 11 days, I have had almost zero pain in my joints. What pain I've had has been unremarkable.

    All the trips to the doctor....pharmacies...time off for work....now in hindsight, unnecessary...had I known about the positive effects of marijuana.

    Something to consider as you get older, folks. The shit works.


    https://culturemagazine.com/strain-o...ck-the-ripper/
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

  • #2
    You'll find that after one toke over the line the beer doesn't taste too bad either. And there's the positive effect of alcohol -- not giving a shit.
    Best Wishes,
    Cris Malone
    ______________________________________________
    "Objectivity comes from how the evidence is treated, not the nature of the evidence itself. Historians can be just as objective as any scientist."

    Comment


    • #3
      Joints for the joints.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cris:

        Its sort of strange toking on the stuff....not liking it....but it works. I don't get a garden variety 'buzz' from it...but just enough to keep the pain away.

        Robert....on occasion,, I've taken 'extra' percs for the pain and got a frankly good buzz. Problem is, is that when it wears off, your pain is often worse than normal or what it was before. Had to quit 'em.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

        Comment


        • #5
          A lot of people get relief and some do not. The effect I get is very unpleasant and it makes my heart beat too fast.

          There is another product on the market called CBD oil (cannabadiol) which has no effect on emotions. Many people get help from that. I have used it but am not sure if it helped the terrible headaches I have or made them worse. The pattern keeps changing anyway but the pain came on both sides of my head after taking CBD.

          We have cannabinoid receptors in the brain and nervous system, so cannabinoids actually have some place to go, and do not just hook up somewhere in order to spill neurotransmitters.

          Whatever anyone does, PLEASE be careful about vaping THC. There is a terrible new lung condition that MAY be linked to vaping THC. CDC has no idea if this is from black market cartridges, homemade concoctions or oils used to boost the THC.
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

          Comment


          • #6
            Vaping appears to be as harmful, if not more so, to the body than the thing they were supposed to replace....cigarettes.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact [email protected]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Vaping appears to be as harmful, if not more so, to the body than the thing they were supposed to replace....cigarettes.
              Our friends in the UK are likely to have a different opinion as the National Health Service supports vaping as a quit smoking aid. So far as I know the vaping related illness is limited to the U.S. and Virgin Islands.

              The Mayo Clinic has just weighed in on biopsies from patients with the illness. They are saying the damage appears to be like a severe chemical burn, like inhaling poison gas.

              IMO, there could be a virus involved that starts the process. I have seen young people vape and they pass around the devices like joints were passed in our day. It would be easy to swap and pass pathogens. (It is said lung tissue infected with influenza virus looks like it has been scalded.) Anyway, I am surprised the CDC has NO idea what product, what chemical, etc. might be causing the problem.

              However that is, in the long and contentious history of tobacco cigarettes, nothing like this has ever happened so far as I know. Perhaps cigarettes are safer.
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

              Comment


              • #8
                Anna:

                My oldest daughter vapes. When she exhales, it looks like a fire extinguisher being released. I think part of the problem is that there's a battery involved with these vapes.

                Problem with the virus theory is that the deaths now occurring in the States are happening hundreds of miles apart.
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  The wife tried weed for a couple of months for her fibromyalgia. She hated the smell, so did I and said it made no difference to her pains at all. I have heard other stories of better results though.
                  I think the big problem with vaping seems to be the oil builds up in the lungs and people get pneumonia.
                  A few beers once in a while does me, and it is only a few.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    Anna:

                    My oldest daughter vapes. When she exhales, it looks like a fire extinguisher being released. I think part of the problem is that there's a battery involved with these vapes.

                    Problem with the virus theory is that the deaths now occurring in the States are happening hundreds of miles apart.
                    I am thinking of susceptibility. IMO there are too few cases from a population of millions over space as big as the U.S. SOMETHING caused 1080 people to become severely ill on something many others are doing and continuing to do. (new number as of two days ago) 70% of patients are male. No surprise, most deaths--19 as of today--are in an older age range. Something made these individuals succumb so what is that something?

                    IMO, and in the opinion of the CDC, flu season will bring a lot more cases and doctors will have trouble sorting it out.

                    They have also backed off on the idea of lipoid pneumonia. Apparently this finding was based on certain cells filled with oils gotten from lungs of patients. The latest finding is chemical burn effect.

                    (My lifelong desire is to participate in medical research so I enjoy seeing if I can keep up with research and if I can think of solutions. A lot of times my thinking is pretty good. In this case I think a pathogen, likely viral and subclinical, is driving the epidemic.)
                    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by String View Post
                      The wife tried weed for a couple of months for her fibromyalgia. She hated the smell, so did I and said it made no difference to her pains at all. I have heard other stories of better results though.
                      I think the big problem with vaping seems to be the oil builds up in the lungs and people get pneumonia.
                      A few beers once in a while does me, and it is only a few.
                      CBD oil MIGHT help your wife. A number of my middle aged female friends use it for fybromyalgia. I do not know of anyone complaining of side effects, including me. (My personal problem is a brain always busy formulating the next migraine. All of the migraines are bad, CBD oil was not a cure and I do not know if it increased disability during the actual migraine attack.)
                      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wanna hear something really fucked up ?

                        The un-elected and invisible body of people who make important decisions concerning people they've never met have this rule regarding medical marijuana.

                        I cannot get the card for medical marijuana AND be a registered gun owner ( I have a permit to carry, but never do )....because the un-elected group of pigs who make these decisions deem marijuana as addictive.

                        So...if a guy who has smoked 6 blunts of weed purchased illegally breaks into my house with a black market gun and threatens me....I guess I'll have to hit him with a frying pan.

                        I can't get this medical card legally and own a gun legally.
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact [email protected]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How, couldn't Nina own the gun instead?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bob:

                            No, she did a 10 year stretch at Pelican Bay. Can't vote, own a piece, or wear white after November 1st.

                            She could but that ain't the point.
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact [email protected]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                              Wanna hear something really fucked up ?

                              The un-elected and invisible body of people who make important decisions concerning people they've never met have this rule regarding medical marijuana.

                              I cannot get the card for medical marijuana AND be a registered gun owner ( I have a permit to carry, but never do )....because the un-elected group of pigs who make these decisions deem marijuana as addictive.

                              So...if a guy who has smoked 6 blunts of weed purchased illegally breaks into my house with a black market gun and threatens me....I guess I'll have to hit him with a frying pan.

                              I can't get this medical card legally and own a gun legally.
                              Presumably you aren’t allowed medical opiates or alcohol either.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X