Help With FB Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With FB Issue

Has anyone here dealt with Facebook concerning posts ?

The entire JTR Forums. FB page is down. Around a dozen posts...the latest....were deemed 'Spam'.

I've never dealt with these people before. Any hints on how to get the FB page back up ?

I did send two messages defending the post's ( which are also here on the main boards) contents....and that they are not spam.

Again.... any ideas ?

If it isn't one fucking thing its the other these days.

By the way, the same black cat walked past me this morning , the little fucker that walked past Nina last week, the day of our power outage.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Has anyone here dealt with Facebook concerning posts ?

The entire JTR Forums. FB page is down. Around a dozen posts...the latest....were deemed 'Spam'.

I've never dealt with these people before. Any hints on how to get the FB page back up ?

I did send two messages defending the post's ( which are also here on the main boards) contents....and that they are not spam.

Again.... any ideas ?

If it isn't one fucking thing its the other these days.

By the way, the same black cat walked past me this morning , the little fucker that walked past Nina last week, the day of our power outage.
    Did you cross your fingers and throw three pinches of salt over your left shoulder with your right hand?

Thought not. You’ve only yourself to blame.

Comment

Gary:

Every other Ripper page has been left free to do their thing but us.

I'd like to think HR had a hand in it so I knew who I was dealing with.....but the bullshit Facebook is tossing at me is ridiculous.

Look at this post that was deemed to be spam

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Gary:

Every other Ripper page has been left free to do their thing but us.

I'd like to think HR had a hand in it so I knew who I was dealing with.....but the bullshit Facebook is tossing at me is ridiculous.

Look at this post that was deemed to be spam

Testes, testes - one, two, three?

I think I just made that up.

I’ve recently created a FB account in my name for Mrs B to use. It’s supposed to be a joint account, but I don’t really use it. I don’t think I can be of any help, sorry.

Comment

Attention Shoppers

I set up a new jawn on FB.....Jack The Ripper Forums ( Imagination is my middle name) and its, sniff, private.

Contact me if I don't get to you first.

I'm still going to try and get the old one back running.....
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Attention Shoppers

I set up a new jawn on FB.....Jack The Ripper Forums ( Imagination is my middle name) and its, sniff, private.

Contact me if I don't get to you first.

I'm still going to try and get the old one back running.....
            Jawn is Philadelphia slang for anything ... literally anything. Jawn is used as an all encompassing substitute for any person, place, or thing. Like this definition, an informative jawn.

Comment

It could also be a Spaniard pronouncing 'yawn.'

Comment

As I told Cris Malone.....

When I went to the page this afternoon ( aware of the cat passing me...Nina didn't let me forget)....I see these 8 or 9 warnings..stating that the posts I made ( all from the 1889 series I had been posting there) were 'spam'.

They tell you that they 'can't' contact you personally.

A casual stroll on Facebook and you'll see far worse 'spam' and anti-social posts....but hey, its their little anal-retentive game.

So...I set up a new page. We have nearly 70 members on it now.

Again, if you want to join, contact me.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How, what are you faffing around on FB for? Like all social media, it's a kiddie club.

Comment

Is that faffing or fapping? Social media has pretty much become a virtue signaling circle jerk.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Cris Malone

Comment

Complaints out of FB are weird. Looks like semi private conversations between friends are censored yet there are complaints of people planning terrorism, etc. on FB.

I don't know a lot about FB because I use it to get from points A to B and don't do much of a personal nature.

I have, however thrived on Twitter for over eight years and I think some of it is similar. I don't know why a JtR FB would get nailed for spam. I think spam is picked up with algorithms OR if someone complains. The latter may apply.

But how could someone complain about posts made on a FB site? I suppose if "friends" didn't like the stuff showing up on their feed, they could call it spam.

From reports of others it sounds like FB and Twitter are under mob rule of sorts. It is possible to get targeted. I don't know how I survive on Twitter except the algorithms must show I'm a person who writes original stuff and there is nothing mechanical. It is said on Twitter that the system alerts to certain tags and phrases in profiles such as President Trump's #MAGA, Make America Great Again. I frequently use #2A, meaning Second Amendment (guns), but I have never been hurt yet. I don't have these things in my profile where I list myself as a journalist and translator of the Voynich Manuscript into Serbo-Croatian. Maybe I have been written off as a total nut job.

Some words are said to trip algorithms. YouTube apparently has some tricky spots. True crime videos are self censoring some words and descriptions. Since JtR murdered women, the content alone might get flagged.

I recently installed a Bot-detector because of odd things on Twitter. That thing labelled every important account--authors, reporters, etc.--who were less than far left as unreliable, bots, spam, etc. These accounts showed up in red with this extension. I dumped it, not because of its political slant but because it labelled accounts by content, not mechanical actions.

Now, going totally off topic.....if you want to know where FB and the whole world may well be headed, read the list of demands out of Seattle today. Insurrectionists have taken over a chunk of the city under the 'George Floyd Rebellion'. Among their many demands is one to basically re-write history as they choose. So, soon we may have to kiss JtR good-bye as subject matter unless we limit discussion to homeless women forced to sleep on the streets in Victorian London.(All this may be laughable except earlier in the year Seattle city council made it illegal to evict tenants for nonpayment of rent. Due to the virus of course. The insurrectionists "demand" that housing is a right, not a privilege.)
                      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

It's a playground for the overprivileged and the undereducated. Ignore.

Comment

As I said in other places, I think my friends and I had The Virus in December and our source of infection was via a child who visited in Northeast Oregon during an outbreak of a mystery virus that caused 61% absenteeism in the school district.

A woman on FB, claiming to be a nurse from that area and somehow connected to my best friend's primarily social FB, posted details about the outbreak, fairly well describing COVID and claiming excess deaths.

Of course I wrote an article, wondering if the virus had appeared earlier than is claimed. (I am basically right on that.) I wanted to use that woman's post as an additional source but it had disappeared.

Maybe she took it down. HOWEVER, then there were rumors about FB censoring 'inaccurate' information about the virus. So I wonder.

It's all a cluster-****. I won't go into any politics but something extremely confusing is going on all the way around. You can't believe anything you read unless you go to original or technical sources and form your own judgments.
                          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Even though I can't post on the previous FB page....they maintain everything is kosher.

I won't bring it up again. Its just the way these assholes operate.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                              It's all a cluster-****. I won't go into any politics but something extremely confusing is going on all the way around. You can't believe anything you read unless you go to original or technical sources and form your own judgments.
                              I have always been optimistic about the challenges we have faced. As a history hobbyist I realize there have been several critical events in our 200+ years and we managed to somehow come through. I personally remember 1968, 1979 and 1992. Fortunately, we still had a social, economic and political infrastructure that was sound. We no longer have that. America is imploding on itself. Be glad you live where you do as I'm glad I'm where I'm at. Mob emotion has replaced individual logic and reason. Wish ya luck city folks.
                              Best Wishes,
                              Cris Malone

Comment

Working...
                              X