Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Maxwell Reily

Hi,

I am an historian and I have found the man called "Jack the Ripper". This book is the result of 4 years of research.

Henry Maxwell Reily was born in Bengal in India. In 1888, he was called to the Royal Courts of Justice in London, when his wife Caroline had filed a petition for judicial separation against him.

Before the judicial process started in London in June 1888, Henry Maxwell Reily was working as an uncovenanted servant of the Civil Service in British India. He had been employed as a deputy magistrate and collector for a few years before he had joined the police force, where he became a high police official in the Bengal Constabulary.

9th November 1888 the names of a man and his wife were written down in a police report in Whitechapel, when the wife was interrogated by the police. A woman had been found murdered and mutilated in a room in Spitalfields by the killer called Jack the Ripper.

10th November, their names were published in many newspapers. Few people in London recognized their names in the police report or press reports.

Among those who were able to do so were a few solicitors at the Inns of The Temple in London, a couple of judges at the Royal Courts of Justice and a former Inspector-General of Police by the name of James Monro.

Friday 24th May 1889, the name of the man was written down in the Admission and Discharge Register of the Whitechapel Union Infirmary. He was recorded as dead by pneumonia.

Monday 27th May a coffin was lowered down into a grave in Square 389, together with 16 other coffins, at the London City Cemetery at Little Ilford.

When the name of the man was registered in the Admission and Discharge Register in the Whitechapel Union Infirmary, it was a formal guarantee that he was never again going to return to Whitechapel.

But there was something wrong with the death recording and the death certificate, and on the day of the recording in the Admission and Discharge Register, a journey back to London had just begun.

Jack the Ripper Uncovenanted
    Produced in PDF-format
    Delivery to you by e-mail
    £6.99. Use this link:
    https://paypal.me/JTRUncovenanted?locale.x=sv_SE

Best wishes to all
    Chris
    Attached Files

The book shows why the physicians stated that the killer was left-handed and why it was assumed that he was right-handed.

Comment

The book reveals his choice of murder locations.

Comment

Hi Kristina

So I’ve skimmed this and so far, it’s not bad.

Kudos for actually digging up stuff in Indian archives.

The Indian part in general (His and his father’s careers, the civil service system) is interesting to me. Connecting the murders to Indian honor murders is an interesting idea and as you rightly note, something that mentioned as possible at the time, though not explored by the police.

Some of the coincidences in the JtR case that mesh with your suspect are quite striking. Some, however, I consider completely far-out. Ditto some arguments, like Caroline passing herself off as an Eastender.

There’s a lot of assumptions about your suspect’s motivation going on, why he did this or that, which is pure speculation. Similar speculation about his wife’s and other people, e.g. Monro’s, motivations.

As all self-published works, the lack of a real editor is noticeable. There’s repetition, too much detail in parts and the structure of the book is off: straddling two storylines (HMR’s life and the ripper murders) while presenting background info on Victorian times and serial killer criminology.

But yeah, the case for HMR as JtR is fairly interesting nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
          Hi Kristina

The Indian part in general (His and his father’s careers, the civil service system) is interesting to me. Connecting the murders to Indian honor murders is an interesting idea and as you rightly note, something that mentioned as possible at the time, though not explored by the police.

Some of the coincidences in the JtR case that mesh with your suspect are quite striking. Some, however, I consider completely far-out. Ditto some arguments, like Caroline passing herself off as an Eastender.

There’s a lot of assumptions about your suspect’s motivation going on, why he did this or that, which is pure speculation. Similar speculation about his wife’s and other people, e.g. Monro’s, motivations.

As all self-published works, the lack of a real editor is noticeable. There’s repetition, too much detail in parts and the structure of the book is off: straddling two storylines (HMR’s life and the ripper murders) while presenting background info on Victorian times and serial killer criminology.

Hi Kattrup and Kristina
          Is there any actual evidence that links him to the ripper crimes?

Comment

The Kemps were a very prominent Sussex family. The idea that one of their daughters would end up in Dorset Street seems extremely unlikely. But if there’s evidence to prove it happened, then it happened.

I’m interested in the Indian research for an unrelated reason. I’ve been trying to find information about the court-martial of a private in the Royal Artillery, which took place in Poona in 1882. There were some publications (e.g. Allen’s Indian Mail) which carried reports of such events, but I haven’t been able to track this one down.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a PayPal account or I might be tempted to have a look at Chris’s book.

Incidentally, Chris, are you the person who contributed to the discussion on Hallie Rubenhold’s book on the Waterstones site?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Hi Kattrup and Kristina
              No, Abby. There are some very creative attempts to link his initials to various things, but besides him being in London at the time (he lived in India, so it carries more weight than usual, I should add), I don’t see any particular reason to suspect him.

Gary, the Indian sections are, I found, particularly interesting, but maybe that’s just because I did not know or realize that civil servants born in India, although completely British, had other circumstances than English-born. The author lays out how this had consequences for HMR’s pension etc.

Comment

No, Abby. There are some very creative attempts to link his initials to various things, but besides him being in London at the time (he lived in India, so it carries more weight than usual, I should add), I don’t see any particular reason to suspect him.

Gary, the Indian sections are, I found, particularly interesting, but maybe that’s just because I did not know or realize that civil servants born in India, although completely British, had other circumstances than English-born. The author lays out how this had consequences for HMR’s pension etc.
                Thanks, Kattrup.

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

in your post here, you exclude the evidence. The only thing you mention is his initials.

When Gary asks you a question about evidence, should you not present all the evidence?

Because since you exclude the evidence, Gary has no chance to discuss it.

I do recommend everyone who wants to discuss the content of the book to first read the book. Without having read it, people have no knowledge about the content and can not discuss it.

Kind regards, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                    Thanks, Kattrup.
                    Hi Gary,

Kattrup has not presented the evidence in the book to you.

Consequently, you do not know what the evidence in the book is.

I therefore recommend that you read the book.

Kind regards, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                      The Kemps were a very prominent Sussex family. The idea that one of their daughters would end up in Dorset Street seems extremely unlikely. But if there’s evidence to prove it happened, then it happened.

I’m interested in the Indian research for an unrelated reason. I’ve been trying to find information about the court-martial of a private in the Royal Artillery, which took place in Poona in 1882. There were some publications (e.g. Allen’s Indian Mail) which carried reports of such events, but I haven’t been able to track this one down.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a PayPal account or I might be tempted to have a look at Chris’s book.

Incidentally, Chris, are you the person who contributed to the discussion on Hallie Rubenhold’s book on the Waterstones site?
                      Hi Gary,

it is easy to create a Paypal account.

I did contribute to it with a few posts, yes.

Comment

I also hope that you found the chapter about murder and mutilation in India interesting, as well as the chapter about the Modus Operandi.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Hi Kattrup and Kristina
                          Hi Abby,

there is a lot of evidence that links him to the crimes and you find it all in the book:

Jack the Ripper Uncovenanted
                          Produced in PDF-format
                          Delivery to you by e-mail
                          £6.99. Use this link:
                          https://paypal.me/JTRUncovenanted?locale.x=sv_SE

Kind regards, Chris

Comment

Hi Kristina

Hi Kattrup,

you say that:

"The Indian part in general (His and his father’s careers, the civil service system) is interesting to me. Connecting the murders to Indian honor murders is an interesting idea and as you rightly note, something that mentioned as possible at the time, though not explored by the police."

Yes, the honour murders are important since they give us an understanding for the nose-cutting, facial mutilations, ear cutting and disembowelling. As you can see, the injuries on the bodies of the victims are also explained by his own personal disabilities and abilities.

"Some of the coincidences in the JtR case that mesh with your suspect are quite striking."

Yes, a agree with you that what you call coincidences are quite striking. And they are statistically practically impossible, something which I also show the readers in the book. We have previously seen many things as "coincidences" but they are systematically connected to Henry Maxwell Reily.

As a matter of historical fact, Kattrup, as you may have noticed by now, Henry Maxwell Reily is the key we have all been looking for and it explains:

The reason for starting, stopping, starting again and stopping again
                            The dates
                            The choice of all the locations where the women were found
                            The reason why Stride was not mutilated
                            The envelope found at the murder site of Anne Chapman
                            The taking of her rings
                            The taking of the uteri from the victims
                            The reason for the exteremely rare injuries
                            The reason for the cuts on the left side, right side, and the type of the cuts on these sides
                            The cuts on the face of Eddowes
                            All the aspects of the GSG, including the word "Juwes"
                            Why Henry Maxwell and his wife Caroline have never been found although many have tried to find them
                            Why Caroline was lying to the police and the coroner
                            Why Kelly was killed on the 9th November
                            Why Caroline was in the papers on the 10th November
                            The same age and Irish background
                            The pardon
                            The statement from Mizen about the policeman who needed assistance
                            The police officer who told John Arnold about the victim in Back Church Lane
                            The reason for Arnold calling himself Kemp
                            The entire signature
                            The entire modus operandi
                            The entire victimology
                            Why he was never arrested
                            Why he lied to the church and told them that his surname was Maxwell and that he was a Judge
                            The registering of the violent death for the man called "Henry Maxwell" and the lack of inquest although it was an indictable offence to bury a man without any inquest
                            Etc etc

I am sorry if you do no like the indications that Warren and Monro kept it quiet. But it is understandable, don't you think?

I am also sorry that I happened to find this man for you, since I know that there is a lot of people who earn money on writing and doing ripper-walks. But I had to report it.

Kind regards, Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

Regarding the evidence that I don't reference, I've been somewhat reticient, since I was not sure how much of your argument you wish presented second-hand.
                              As you say, the best way for anyone to assess your claim is to read the book.
                              Abby Normal asked about "actual evidence", I interpreted this to mean does your book contain any contemporary evidence naming him specifically and fully, i.e. not initials, in conjunction with the Ripper-murders, to which I replied that no, because in my read-through I did not find any.

I think that you consider your interpretations and statistical representations to be evidence, but since Abby asked for actual evidence, I think it is clear he meant contemporary evidence actually naming the suspect.

I guess we disagree about what your book explains, since all the things on your list are not really explained, in my opinion, but are discussed in your book.
                              Monro's motivation for his actions is rather less developed,I think. What interest would he have in doing what you suppose he did? It's not really explained.

You do not have to apologize for finding HMR, it is interesting to see how well he fits the bill.

I, on the other hand, am sorry to to inform you that you have not, in fact, found Jack the Ripper. Even if you had, people will not stop making money off the JtR-phenomenon any time soon

(I think there's a typo on page 90, "In 1884, a son had been born to the overseer of elephant kheddas." the year should be 1864 I believe?)

Comment

Working...
                              X