No announcement yet.

Was Catherine Eddowes Menstruating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good points there Jon about the 'emaciation' after the post mortem - There's a difference between that and 'malnourished' as in the description of Annie who was known to be very poorly fed and in need of medication anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
      Are you sure it isn't just about three women who dared to contradict a big man?

To be honest, I'm surprised Sir Robert had the nerve to wade in on a topic as heavy as women's 'Menstrual' problems. Lol I know I wouldn't have had the nerve. Still, right or wrong, I take my hat off to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirRobertAnderson View Post
        I see very well what is going on, thank you.

A man dared to comment on female health issues.
        But you were not seeing the words. You saw posts written by females and convinced yourself that we must all be thinking alike, when we were actually thinking as individuals and certainly not taking issue with any of your observations simply because you are male.

Love,

Caz
        X
        I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post
          But you were not seeing the words. You saw posts written by females and convinced yourself that we must all be thinking alike, when we were actually thinking as individuals and certainly not taking issue with any of your observations simply because you are male.
          Caz - there is a reoccurring theme here, and it been played by three female posters.

And it is that I must be ignoring your posts. Or not seeing them.

I read 'em.

I just disagree. Quite firmly for that matter.

But I have read every post by you, Livia and Debs.

Comment

• Kate was a small and slight woman who often wore mens boots. Could this be the reason for the rags in her possession? To stuff into the boots to make them comfortable. The fact that she had walked from Kent could account for the minor bloodstains. Is it recorded where on her person the rags were found?

Comment

• Originally posted by SirRobertAnderson View Post
              Caz - there is a reoccurring theme here, and it been played by three female posters.

And it is that I must be ignoring your posts. Or not seeing them.

I read 'em.

I just disagree. Quite firmly for that matter.

But I have read every post by you, Livia and Debs.
              No - you disagreed with me over stuff I never actually wrote. You kept saying that you disagreed with me that the rags showed Eddowes to still be menstruating - something I never actually argued. What I said was that the rags could have been retained from her menstruating days to use for other purposes (and Phillip has just made one reasonable suggestion, to stuff her boots and help with blisters).

If you firmly disagree with this part of my argument it's the first I've heard of it, and I would like to know why you find it so unlikely. We agree that Eddowes was desperately poor, so why would she have discarded her old rags, only to replace them with a dozen more?

Love,

Caz
              X

Comment

• Caz - you are welcome to the last word. Otherwise this will never end. Not saying it to be nasty, just not wanting to stoke this any further.

Comment

• Well fine - but it leaves you disagreeing with me 'quite firmly' over something, and me not knowing what that something is or why you disagree.

Not a very satisfactory way to end this debate, but there we go.

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Working...
                  X