Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    Well fine - but it leaves you disagreeing with me 'quite firmly' over something, and me not knowing what that something is or why you disagree.

Not a very satisfactory way to end this debate, but there we go.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• SirRobertAnderson
    replied
    Caz - you are welcome to the last word. Otherwise this will never end. Not saying it to be nasty, just not wanting to stoke this any further.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by SirRobertAnderson View Post
    Caz - there is a reoccurring theme here, and it been played by three female posters.

And it is that I must be ignoring your posts. Or not seeing them.

I read 'em.

I just disagree. Quite firmly for that matter.

But I have read every post by you, Livia and Debs.
    No - you disagreed with me over stuff I never actually wrote. You kept saying that you disagreed with me that the rags showed Eddowes to still be menstruating - something I never actually argued. What I said was that the rags could have been retained from her menstruating days to use for other purposes (and Phillip has just made one reasonable suggestion, to stuff her boots and help with blisters).

If you firmly disagree with this part of my argument it's the first I've heard of it, and I would like to know why you find it so unlikely. We agree that Eddowes was desperately poor, so why would she have discarded her old rags, only to replace them with a dozen more?

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Phillip Walton
    replied
    Kate was a small and slight woman who often wore mens boots. Could this be the reason for the rags in her possession? To stuff into the boots to make them comfortable. The fact that she had walked from Kent could account for the minor bloodstains. Is it recorded where on her person the rags were found?

Leave a comment:

• SirRobertAnderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post
    But you were not seeing the words. You saw posts written by females and convinced yourself that we must all be thinking alike, when we were actually thinking as individuals and certainly not taking issue with any of your observations simply because you are male.
    Caz - there is a reoccurring theme here, and it been played by three female posters.

And it is that I must be ignoring your posts. Or not seeing them.

I read 'em.

I just disagree. Quite firmly for that matter.

But I have read every post by you, Livia and Debs.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline Brown
    replied
    I see very well what is going on, thank you.

A man dared to comment on female health issues.
    But you were not seeing the words. You saw posts written by females and convinced yourself that we must all be thinking alike, when we were actually thinking as individuals and certainly not taking issue with any of your observations simply because you are male.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Tempus omnia revelat
    replied
    Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
    Are you sure it isn't just about three women who dared to contradict a big man?

To be honest, I'm surprised Sir Robert had the nerve to wade in on a topic as heavy as women's 'Menstrual' problems. Lol I know I wouldn't have had the nerve. Still, right or wrong, I take my hat off to him.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good points there Jon about the 'emaciation' after the post mortem - There's a difference between that and 'malnourished' as in the description of Annie who was known to be very poorly fed and in need of medication anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Simons
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied

Are you sure it isn't just about three women who dared to contradict a big man?

Leave a comment:

• SirRobertAnderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Livia Trivia View Post
    Apparently not, since you've rephrased and exaggerated my
    comments beyond recognition.

Can you not see this, Robert?

Leave a comment:

• SirRobertAnderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
    -yet here you are saying as fact that Eddowes was an alcoholic, had veneareal disease, was emaciated, was post menopausal, with no proof at all.
    No proof, none at all. I'm on a personal vendetta against Ms. Golightly.

You're not the first poster to get worked up on the VD front. Just curious why anyone would think it unlikely for a East End whore to be a walking petri dish of infection? Why is this a controversial statement??

And we've got a photograph for the emaciation....what's the problem here? Do you think she looks well fed?? Trevor Bond is a nurse and he immediately labeled her an emaciated alcoholic.

Leave a comment:

• Livia Trivia
    replied
    That's rich. Why not just re-read your own posts? Once is enough for me.
    Apparently not, since you've rephrased and exaggerated my
    comments beyond recognition.

Originally posted by Debs
    You have misinterpreted me more than once on here.
    Originally posted by Debs
    I feel you aren't even reading the posts properly and claiming conclusions by people that they've never made.
    Originally posted by Caz
    Well I did keep saying that I wasn't saying that, but you kept hearing it anyway, which might explain why you felt all the female posters here were singing with one voice to rubbish your own conclusion that Eddowes was no longer able to menstruate. In fact, I still can't recall anyone saying that the rags demonstrated beyond doubt that Eddowes was still having periods. So maybe we both need to read individual posts more carefully in future.
    Originally posted by Caz
    I don't see any of this relating to my own posts on Eddowes.
    Can you not see this, Robert?

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Obviously since you cannot be wrong, others must be misunderstanding your posts or not even reading them. Great way to debate.
    How obnoxious.
    I said they are my own personal conclusions-I'm not asking anyone else to say I am correct. You have misinterpreted me more than once on here.
    I have no idea what is behind all this but you yourself take issue with others presenting opinion as fact-yet here you are saying as fact that Eddowes was an alcoholic, had veneareal disease, was emaciated, was post menopausal, with no proof at all.

Leave a comment:

• SirRobertAnderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Livia Trivia View Post
    I must have missed this post. Could you post a link
    to it, please?

Thanks.
    That's rich. Why not just re-read your own posts? Once is enough for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X