• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    WC:

This might help.
    http://www.casebook.org/official_doc...map/index.html

Colin Roberts or Rob Clack might know of maps more suitable for you.

Leave a comment:

• Whitechurch
    replied
    Scale

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
    As inspired by Celesta, this map might come in handy for JTRForums members at some point...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._7_murders.JPG
    Will someone please point me to a map of Whitechapel with a scale? Every map I have looked at has lacked a scale legend. Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you Tracy that was exactly what I needed to know.

Maggie

Leave a comment:

• Tracy Ianson
    replied
    Hi Maggie

There are a few ways. A direct easy route (for you to folllow) would be to go from Mitre Square (a red dot highlights it on the bottom left hand corner. )
    Come out of Mitre Square onto Mitre Street, follow this down to Aldgate High Street, past Duke Street and Houndsditch and Middlesex Street and up the next street which is Goulston Street, where The buildings were built at the top joining onto Wentworth Street I believe.

Of course there are other ways but I am sure you can play around with it a little more if you know the basics. Feel free to ask if you more detail though.

Tracy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Can anybody direct me?

Could one of you kind people give me directions on this map of how to get from Mitre Square to the Wentworth Model Dwellings?I am useless with maps even when I know where I am going.Thank you so much.Maggie

Leave a comment:

• Cris Malone
    replied
    I probably wouldn't have known except I had been doing some research on Dr. Phillips of late and found that his home at No. 2 Spital Square was just out of the City.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Bond
    replied
    Well done there then Cris! Thanks both, an awful lot - you are a helpful bunch over here! That map is great too Colin - answers an awful lot of questions (and thus too saves you being bothered with an awful lot more...)

Leave a comment:

• Colin Roberts
    replied
    Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
    Originally posted by Trevor Bond View Post
    … if I'm walking South down Bishopsgate, where EXACTLY do I pass from 1888 Met police territory into City? Is it the junction of Middlesex st?
    Colin can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that would be where Spital Square junctions with Bishopsgate from the east.
    You are correct, Cris!

Corrections (Click Image, to Enlarge in flickr)

Purple: The City of London (Jurisdiction of the City of London Police Force)

Leave a comment:

• Cris Malone
    replied
    ... if I'm walking South down Bishopsgate, where EXACTLY do I pass from 1888 Met police territory into City? Is it the junction of Middlesex st?
    Hi Trevor,

Colin can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that would be where Spital Square junctions with Bishopsgate from the east.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Bond
    replied
    Thanks How.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Dear Trevor:

I have no idea where Tim Mosley ( "admin" ) located the header...but have sent him a private message requesting that he inform you of the source.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Bond
    replied
    2 more little questions, which I thought were as well on here as anywhere - one is for How really, the other I'm pretty sure Colin will be able to answer. Both map related.

Firstly, How - what/where is the map used in the header for the site? It's pretty nice! Is it a contemporary map or did you make or have it made specially for the site?

Also, Colin - if I'm walking South down Bishopsgate, where EXACTLY do I pass from 1888 Met police territory into City? Is it the junction of Middlesex st?

Thanks both.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Bond
    replied
    Nice one Colin.

Leave a comment:

• Colin Roberts
    replied
    I am particularly interested in your Tabram site, ... Do you have a reference to prove that is definitively right?

Courtesy of Robert Clack

--- Click Image to View Discussion/Forum 'Thread', in Casebook.org ---

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Bond
    replied
    Thanks How - sorry for the delay. That's good news for me! And yes, I have cheked my PMs now; expect the 5Qs replies back very soon.

Nice work with the corrections Colin - I am particularly interested in your Tabram site, as that is actually where I thought the spot was when I first attempted to locate it, but having heard about it being at the other end so much since, I had come to assume that in my (then) rather ignorant way I had gotten it wrong? Do you have a reference to prove that is definitively right? Not doubting you - just want something to back myself up, personally, as what with my filming project coming up that is a fairly big difference, and I am sure I will get challenged on it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X