No announcement yet.

The Worst Film Ever Made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Blob'. circa 1958, . This was , I believe Steve McQueen's movie debut bit part . For a horror genre presentation it was somewhat comedic!.
    Be nice to one another!
    Merv

Comment

The Blob was filmed very close to where we live....Pheonixville, Valley Forge, Royersford, and Downingtown. Pheonixville is a little more than 10 minutes from the Empire of Eagleville. I work 2 minutes from Valley Forge.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

The Blob had a fun theme song though.

I'd imagine it would be tough in the winter time to work a job that is only two minutes away from Valley Forge. History tells us that place gets pretty cold.

One year from now, Howard will be retired from that job and happily living off the fat of the land. On Saturday nights, you'll find him in front of his tv set watching The Blob with a tub of popcorn.

Comment

One year from now, Howard will be retired from that job and happily living off the fat of the land. On Saturday nights, you'll find him in front of his tv set watching The Blob with a tub of popcorn.

You're not far off the mark, Joe...
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

You're too young to retire, Howard.

Comment

Tell my body that, Scott. With the quality of machinists not being what it was 40 years ago or even 20 years ago, I have to do more than I did when I was 25.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I’m an Orbison fan, but this takes some beating:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PuEq_WSSMNA

Comment

You ain't kidding, Gary. That looks dreadful.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

plan nine from outer space. its the citizen kane of worst movies

Comment

As a Sherlock Holmes fan I’d have to add The Hounds Of London with Patrick McNee as surely the worst Holmes ever? I’ve seen it twice over the years but enough is enough. Never again.
                      Regards

MichaelšŸ”Ž

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post
                        As a Sherlock Holmes fan I’d have to add The Hounds Of London with Patrick McNee as surely the worst Holmes ever? I’ve seen it twice over the years but enough is enough. Never again.
                        Diana Rigg as Dr Watson?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

Diana Rigg as Dr Watson?
                          Might have made the film less painful to watch Gary. The guy that played Watson was coincidentally called Paget who was the best known Uk illustrator of Holmes stories. He used his brother as the model for Holmes. Macnee (I’d spelt his name wrong) actually played Watson three times. Not badly and nowhere near his ‘masterwork’ of Holmes.
                          Regards

MichaelšŸ”Ž

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

I keep returning to 'The Giant Claw'... There is this huge bird snatching planes from the sky. It's a terrifying thing. A monster from nightmares. Or was supposed to be. The trouble was that they ran out of money before they did the special effects, or so the story goes, with the results you see on screen. And an absolute winner is 'Fire Maidens From Outer Space'. Now, the title might lead you to think that this is a bad science fiction film, but you'd be wrong to think that. It's not bad, it's dreadful. Particularly noteworthy is the scene early in the movie when Dr Higgins and Luther Blair (I think) have a conversation in the former's office, shouting above the traffic noise. And the arrival of the secretary... As for the space craft... A big adding machine is the height of technology..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              I keep returning to 'The Giant Claw'... There is this huge bird snatching planes from the sky. It's a terrifying thing. A monster from nightmares. Or was supposed to be. The trouble was that they ran out of money before they did the special effects, or so the story goes, with the results you see on screen. And an absolute winner is 'Fire Maidens From Outer Space'. Now, the title might lead you to think that this is a bad science fiction film, but you'd be wrong to think that. It's not bad, it's dreadful. Particularly noteworthy is the scene early in the movie when Dr Higgins and Luther Blair (I think) have a conversation in the former's office, shouting above the traffic noise. And the arrival of the secretary... As for the space craft... A big adding machine is the height of technology..
                              I saw that a few weeks ago for the first time Paul. I love old sci-if movies and this is one that’s so bad it’s worth watching. The bird looked like Rod Hull had mistreated emu for 6 months.
                              Regards

MichaelšŸ”Ž

Comment

If that thing was intended to scare, it worked. It scared the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X