Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    You ain't kidding, Gary. That looks dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    I’m an Orbison fan, but this takes some beating:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PuEq_WSSMNA

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Tell my body that, Scott. With the quality of machinists not being what it was 40 years ago or even 20 years ago, I have to do more than I did when I was 25.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    You're too young to retire, Howard.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    One year from now, Howard will be retired from that job and happily living off the fat of the land. On Saturday nights, you'll find him in front of his tv set watching The Blob with a tub of popcorn.

You're not far off the mark, Joe...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Chetcuti
    replied
    The Blob had a fun theme song though.

I'd imagine it would be tough in the winter time to work a job that is only two minutes away from Valley Forge. History tells us that place gets pretty cold.

One year from now, Howard will be retired from that job and happily living off the fat of the land. On Saturday nights, you'll find him in front of his tv set watching The Blob with a tub of popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    The Blob was filmed very close to where we live....Pheonixville, Valley Forge, Royersford, and Downingtown. Pheonixville is a little more than 10 minutes from the Empire of Eagleville. I work 2 minutes from Valley Forge.

Leave a comment:

• jachim3926
    replied
    'The Blob'. circa 1958, . This was , I believe Steve McQueen's movie debut bit part . For a horror genre presentation it was somewhat comedic!.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Chetcuti
    replied
    On this thread, String and Paul spoke of the movie Plan 9 From Outer Space. That film was shown last night on the Turner Classic Movies network, and I saw it for the first time.

This movie was so bad that it was hilarious. The budget for the film must have been pocket change. They tried to film scenes in what was supposed to be a commercial airplane cockpit, and the stewardess would enter the cockpit by coming through what looked like a shower curtain.

Bela Lugosi was in the movie for a couple of scenes at the start, but the actor sadly passed away before they could complete the filming. Instead of re-filming Bela's scenes by using another actor, they decided to leave his few scenes in the movie. Then they got somebody else to play Bela's character for the remainder of the film. They picked some guy who didn't look much like Bela at all. He tried to cover his own face throughout the show in the hopes that nobody would notice that he wasn't Bela Lugosi.

Leave a comment:

• Lynn Cates
    replied
    couz

Hello Chris. Was the original title, "I married my cousin"? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• Chris G.
    replied

Poster for Shotgun Wedding, 1963.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Komyati
    replied
    Worst movie of all time? The Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cMpS6W6l0

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Does anyone know the film which contains a scene where two officers are conversing on the bridge of a 20th century ship? The acting is painfully slow and stiff. They used to show the clip a lot in the days when the public were being alerted to the existence of Plan 9 and other gems.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    I reviewed a book about Vampira in the current Ripperologist. An up and down life if ever there was one. Plan 9 was one of a bunch of lousy films she made, although Plan 9 is now a cinema-filling classic.

Leave a comment:

• Chris G.
    replied
    I haven't seen the film but two of the best film names of the last 50 years combined to make "The Hand" (1981) starring Michael Caine and directed by Oliver Stone, his directorial debut for a major studio. Which proves that even the best in the business can make stinkers now and again.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1009131-hand/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X