• Show
Clear All

• Religion drove Jack the Ripper

http://www.antisupernatural.com/jackripper.html

Hi Tim.

I posted this almost a month ago
    "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

I read this a while back but ended up rolling around laughing when I got to the picture of Mary Kelly's room which is alleged to show entrails hanging from the ceiling.
      Its just a simple light beam from an open door!!!

Comment

Oh well.....

Izzat right, Magpie? Dunno how I could have missed it, for I would have moved it into this forum had it been posted elsewhere. I'll have to go looking for it now since you have piqued my curiosity.

Well, Mike, some of the content may be wanting, but I still find it a good read and a worthy addition. I am always on the hunt for things of this sort, so if you find any that we have not posted, please say so!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          I read this a while back but ended up rolling around laughing when I got to the picture of Mary Kelly's room which is alleged to show entrails hanging from the ceiling.
          Simon D. Wood made the same claim two years ago in his dissertation "Room 13 Miller's Court" on Casebook: Jack the Ripper, which caused debate on the Casebook discussion forum (http://www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4921/19968.html). Mr. Wood claims that the door was in fact closed and that it only looks like a strip of light from the door being ajar (read his dissertation on why he thinks the door was closed, based on his analysis of the angles in the room). He writes:

"The answer is, that it’s not a strip of light. Tweaking in Photoshop revealed it to be in a different plane to the door (i.e. nearer the camera), and I believe it to be something dangling from the ceiling that has been caught in the bright light source (just visible) coming from the right of the photo (more on this later). I have no knowledge of the working parts of the human body, but would suggest that it is something internal. Notice how it is slightly bulbous at its base and appears stretched in places as though sagging on its own weight."

I remain as doubtful as Philip Hutchinson and you are of this claim.

Chris
          Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
          https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
          Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

QUITE amazing am wetting myself here!!!! The more I read the more I get the urge to do the food and get a bath!!!! and then come back and read some more Bloody hell Mags it's a Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think it's more likely to be some sort of ectoplasmic secretion--probably eminating from the Baphomet on the table....

"The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

AAAAchooo

Or the killer had a cold!!!

Comment

I've just read this transcript for the first time. I wish its author would expand on the thought about why he felt that the GSG's writer also was a person who wrote poetry. Apparently it had something to do with the capitalization of some of the lettering in the GSG.

Comment

Or the killer had a cold!!!
                    JTR - the original bogeyman! Narrows the field down to the following candidates:

Aaron Schnozzminski

Montague Blewitt

JK Fever

Walter Sick

Comment

WOW!

It took me 2 1/2 hours to read and reread that document. Talk about manipulating facts to fit your suspect. I'm not saying that they don't have a valid argument for their specific suspect, but, anyting that goes against their suspect is merely an error made by police officials, constables, medical examiners or reporters? There is just too much supposition that is not supported by the available facts. I can do the same thing and name at least 5 other suspects that I can make fit the circumstances, all of whom I believe to be totally innocent of the Ripper crimes. Not only do you have to believe in the canonical 5 as the only victims, you have to believe that the GSG was written by Jack and that several of the letters (specific ones) were written by him too. Not that I think that anyone who believes that way is wrong, it's just that very, very few of the learned authorities believe all of those things to be true. I will admit that it took a LOT of time and effort to make all that work out. Anyone else have an opinion?

Mikey

PS - It started with a Religious premise for the murders and ends with Syphallitic insanity as the reason for the murders. I didn't quite understand the connection.
                      Last edited by Mike Raney; December 10, 2007, 08:42 PM. Reason: Added the PS.

Comment

The original link appears to have died, so I replaced it.

Never did find Magpie's posting, but I assume that it died as well.

Comment

I think if religion drove the murderer he would have communicated as much in the murders (not counting the Goulston Street graffito because JtR did not do that ).

Comment

Vincent!

Hi. I agree about the Ripper's motivating impulses not being religious. Of course a person can justify behavior after the fact in all sorts of ways, and a desire to get rid of "dirty, sinful women" could have passed through his mind as a validation. But it does look like his Maker wasn't in his thoughts as he did his work.

And some statement somewhere seems like something to expect; all one has to do is look around now and observe how people doing terrible things in the name of religion tend to make defend and pronounce on it loudly.

May I ask how you're sure the graffito is not a Ripper statement? The proximity to the piece of apron was a coincidence? (I'm not saying I don't agree - just would appreciate learning more.)

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....444#post244444

Keith....the above link is in reference to the Ripper and religion...
                              To Join JTR Forums :
                              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
                              X