The Jews are the men....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
    Its funny you mention Berkowitz. Some newspapers in New York at the time mentioned that he was NOT Jewish ( but Italian ) and pointed out that he had been adopted.... Not that it matters of course,but its funny that an effort was taken indicate Berkowitz wasn't a Jewish man.
    A few years ago, an attempt was made in the newspaper to point out that he converted to Christianity, as if it had a retroactive effect on him.
    Berkowitz birth mother was a Jew married to an Italian. She had an affair with a Jew and then he was adopted out to a Jewish family.
    Very few Italians would even think to use the kinds of signatures Son of Sam used. Not that they wouldn't shoot people in vehicles though.
    The crime's the same no matter how you look at it. Is the motivation any different because of the signature?

Comment

Not that they ( Italians) wouldn't shoot people in vehicles though...VS

Mamma Mia ! Be careful Schwantzie ! Maria Giordano is around here and she's connected.

Good point about there being no difference who dunnit.

I'll say this...the Ripper couldn't have been a Hungarian,because a Hunky couldn't find a prostitute in a 5 story brothel with his money stapled on his forehead, much less on the street.

I kid I kid....yeah,one could.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

They're too busy looking for young innocent Tryoleans like myself. They lure me with promises of movie deals, goulash and Transylvannian soup.
        If you find me in a barrel rolled into the river, you know it was one of them but don't buy into any occult theory.

Hungarian SKs, Elizabeth Bathory and Bela Kiss, who both advertised for victims, were alleged occultists but I don't know of any occult motive. Kiss did it for the money and Bathory taking a bath in blood is considered only legend.

Comment

Except goblins and leprechauns and most Welsh. They're fair game.
          Take care, you know not with what you deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Von Schwantz View Post
            Hungarian SKs, Elizabeth Bathory and Bela Kiss, who both advertised for victims, were alleged occultists but I don't know of any occult motive. Kiss did it for the money and Bathory taking a bath in blood is considered only legend.
            The fact that Bela Kiss did defraud his victims of their life savings does not in itself prove that money was any more important to him than whatever other phase or part of his "operation". I would say an alleged or suggested interest in "occultism" on the part of any psychopath would be indicative of the externalization of blame, as it might superficially seem to support the claim that "destiny" is ruled by "occult forces". "Occultist practices" would be a mere symptom. I'd say it would seem likely that any major interest on the part of a serial murderer would, in the final resort, tend to be a symptom of what might perhaps be the most obvious and still most "occulted" motive - that of vicarious victimization in itself. And that is also where "religious fervour" could come to play a part.

Some more recent studies have examined positive as well as negative emotion using pictures drawn from the International Affective Picture System (IAPS; Center for the Study of Emotion and Attention, 1999). The basis for psychopathy group assignments in this more recent work has been Hare’s (1991) Psychopathy Checklist—Revised (PCL–R), which has emerged as the diagnostic standard in this area of research. In one study, Patrick et al. (1993) reported a deviant quadratic startle response pattern in PCL–R-defined psychopathic subjects, with blinks inhibited during both pleasant and unpleasant pictures compared with neutral pictures—implying an absence of normal defensive (fear) reactivity. In a follow-up study, Levenston et al. (2000) replicated this basic finding and further established that divergence in response was greatest for vicarious victim scenes (cf. Blair, Jones, Clark, & Smith, 1997): For scenes of this type, nonpsychopathic subjects evidenced significant startle potentiation, whereas psychopathic subjects showed significant blink inhibition.

~~~

Occulted, a.

1. Hidden; secret. [Obs.]

2. (Astron.) Concealed by the intervention of some other heavenly body.
            Attached Files

Comment

Whoops ! Unwise move on my part to mention the Welsh...I meant gremlins.

The Welsh,however, are known for gingerly removing the quarter one gets under his or her pillow from the Tooth Fairy, who most certainly is a Hull native. Anyone else, such as a gremlin,twinkie,brownie,or Tyrolean would leave a dollar.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Whoops ! Unwise move on my part to mention the Welsh...I meant gremlins
                Careful, How. Milords Begg and Hinton have been known to sport beards, you know. Welsh Wizards, and all that...

I gave up growing a beard because it was ginger, which clashed somewhat with my black curly hair. I looked like an upside-down negative of Malcolm X.

Comment

Actually, Gareth, I think Bob Hinton is English.

Your beard remarks remind me of a story about Harry Secombe. He used to do an act involving shaving. One night after the show he wiped the soap off his face with a towel, left the theatre and went to stand in a bus queue. Suddenly it started to rain, and his face began to lather up....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    Actually, Gareth, I think Bob Hinton is English.
                    Is he? Whatever, he lives in Kidwelly so his beard is tinted by association.

Comment

Rader did have a competitive streak with Berkowitz which came out in the letters.
                      ....the Tooth Fairy, who most certainly is a Hull native. Anyone else, such as a gremlin,twinkie,brownie,or Tyrolean would leave a dollar.
                      A Looney actually.
                      I hope to dispel the rumour that the Dolomites are painted white with moonbeams sent by moonmen. They actually are made of children's milk teeth that I collect around the world.
                      I avoid Wales in my rounds ever since I saw Red Dragon with Anthony Hopkins and the Tooth Fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Careful, How. Milords Begg and Hinton have been known to sport beards, you know. Welsh Wizards, and all that...
                        I also wear a beard on my chin.

One more word about the Welsh from How and he gets a sheep thrown at him!
                        Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Well of course, Prince Charles is Prince of Wales and he's keen on the environment.

Hence the new film, "How Green Was My Valet?"

Comment

I shaved mine off yesterday and feel quite light headed! Someone (meaning the wife) had used all my shaving foam so it was a cold shave with the sharpest of razors. My wife didn't even noticed I looked different!

So I ate her liver with a nise......

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jon View Post
                              I also wear a beard on my chin.
                              ...best place for them, I've found

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                ...best place for them, I've found
                                Yeah, I tried growing one on my knee but then I got funny looks when I wore shorts.
                                Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X