• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Wood In The Scottish Sun Newspaper

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tva...ld-swanson/amp

Woody discussing his upcoming book about Donald Swanson
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Good article and I will look forward to the book. This is the sort of suspect book I could appreciate, lots of history and background and hopefully more information on David Cohen.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

From the August 26th Sun ( London)

To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
        Good article and I will look forward to the book. This is the sort of suspect book I could appreciate, lots of history and background and hopefully more information on David Cohen.

As far as I know, this isn't a suspect book. It's a biography of Swanson and the Ripper is a small part of the book. If so, this will make the book a bit different from the usual Victorian policeman biography, which inevitably tend to be dominated by the one or maybe two big cases with which the policeman was associated and amount to little more than a rehashing of the case under the guise of a biography.

Whether or not there will be more information on David Cohen, my impression was that Adam was generously acknowledging Martin Fido's theory, but saying that Swanson wouldn't have got a name wrong! In the other place some of the usual names are trying to whip up a brouhaha.

But you are quite right, it should be an excellent book. Adam has worked hard on it, so it should be!

Comment

With Jon Hainsworth’s book next year we have at least two books to look forward to after recent disappointments. Are there anymore worthwhile ones on the horizon?
          Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post
            With Jon Hainsworth’s book next year we have at least two books to look forward to after recent disappointments. Are there anymore worthwhile ones on the horizon?
            Thanks for the kind words Michael - hopefully Swanson will live up to the hype!

In answer to your question, there’s a new edition of the A-Z - completely rewritten from the roots up - which will hopefully appear at some point next year.

Best wishes
            Adam
            Attached Files

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

Comment

Working...
            X