The London Dungeon marks International Women's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The London Dungeon marks International Women's Day

The London Dungeon marked International Women's Day on Tuesday with a new exhibit protraying Mary Pearcey as "Jackie the Ripper". For one day only, the Ripper was portrayed by an actress instead of an actor. This was because "we wanted to give ladies their dues for International Women’s Day".

Unsurprisingly, the Twittersphere's collective jaw dropped several inches:
    https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/w...ipper-23316937

Even speaking as a man who regularly bemoans the rise and persistence of political correctness I have to say that my jaw dropped too (a little) You have to ask how these people, who probably spend an inordinate amount of time in company strategy meetings, could have agreed with the genius that came up with this particular idea? Who could have thought “what’s not to like?”
    Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post
      Even speaking as a man who regularly bemoans the rise and persistence of political correctness I have to say that my jaw dropped too (a little) You have to ask how these people, who probably spend an inordinate amount of time in company strategy meetings, could have agreed with the genius that came up with this particular idea? Who could have thought “what’s not to like?”
      Being cynical, it has got them plenty of free publicity, and I would guess their target audience is not likely to be deterred by considerations of poor taste.

Comment

Absolutely Chris. I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t have anticipated the negative comments but they would have weighed them against a potential increase in visitors.
        Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Working...
        X