Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Sickings

Dear people

I need some help fitting little Laura Sickings/Siekings. My efforts to locate her have been in vain. I've found Lauras Sawkins, Seekings, Sissons... but I can't connect any of them to the Hanbury girl. It seems that the last name is not correct, at least there are no birth or death records with that last name. It also does not appear in the 1881 and 1891 censuses for 25 Hanbury Street.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

The Daily News, Sep 13, 1888

"In regard to the blood-stained paper found in Bailey's packing-case yard, adjoining No. 25, Hanbury-street, there is practically no room for doubt that it was used by the murderer to cleanse his hands, and thrown by him where it was found. The little girl Laura Siekings and other inmates of Nos. 29, 27, and 25 have been questioned by the policeHe buscado a esta niƱa y no he encontrado ni rastro de ella."

The Echo, Sep 13, 1888

"In regard to the bloodstained paper found in Bailey's packing case yard adjoining No. 25, Hanbury street, there is practically no room to doubt that it was used by the murderer to cleanse his hands, and thrown by him where it was found. The little girl Laura Sickings and the other inmates of Nos. 29, 27, and 25 have been questioned by the police."

The Evening News, Sep 12, 1888

Scotland-yard has been following up, with praiseworthy perseverance, the supposed clue afforded by the discovery of blood trails in the yard used by Mr. Bailey, packing-case maker, at No. 25, Hanbury-street, a few doors from the scene of the Chapman-murder. The occupiers of the houses near this, through one of which the murderer must have escaped, have been subjected to a minute examination, but the discovery made by the girl Laura Sickings has led to nothing substantial as yet.

The Evening Standars, Sep 13, 1888

"The little girl Laura Siekings, who pointed out the blood marks behind the house, No. 25, to the police, and the other inmates of Nos. 29, 27, and 25, have been questioned by the police, and the paper found in Bailey's yard has been handed to the police doctors for examination."

A little progress

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X