Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albert Bachert & The Hampstead Murders ( 1890)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Bachert & The Hampstead Murders ( 1890)

FYI, this is in reference to the murders committed by Mary Pearcey ( Upon Mrs. Phoebe Hogg and her child ).

Lloyd's Weekly Newspaper
    October 26, 1890

If I was going to fake a Ripper artefact, I think Bacherts submission to the publisher would be it

It's a shame it's not been found in a box somewhere - or has it?

Comment

Nemo:
      Besides a piece on Grainger....it might be worth considering a JTRForums writing project ( All of us intrigued by this man of many differently spelled surnames)...and see how it goes.
      The man was something else.
      What do you think, Tom...Debs ?

Comment

Write Bacherts memoirs? - lol

Full of drama I expect

The Grainger article is till coming together if anyone was wondering, I've included some details of another relevant case and am just awaiting some official records and am collating a bit more detail about George Kebbell's career

Should be available soon

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          Write Bacherts memoirs? - lol

Full of drama I expect

The Grainger article is till coming together if anyone was wondering, I've included some details of another relevant case and am just awaiting some official records and am collating a bit more detail about George Kebbell's career

Should be available soon

That's good news. Nemo. I'll look forward to reading that. Let me know if you need anything from me. I think I got part way through sending you something and then might have forgotten to send the rest?Apologies if so...I forget. lol

How,we've had a couple of articles on Bachert I think already? One from Dave O and one from Tom more recently spring to mind. Some sort of timeline might be a good idea though? It would certainly help me keep up with all the things he was involved in and keep a track of all the recent or new findings.

Comment

How,we've had a couple of articles on Bachert I think already? One from Dave O and one from Tom more recently spring to mind. Some sort of timeline might be a good idea though? It would certainly help me keep up with all the things he was involved in and keep a track of all the recent or new findings.
            Debs

Debs...thats a lot of what I had in mind...you're right, of course, in that there have been articles...but a timeline is what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Debs

Debs...thats a lot of what I had in mind...you're right, of course, in that there have been articles...but a timeline is what I meant.
              I'll certainly be up for helping with that then, How.

Comment

Many thanks Deb

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  FYI, this is in reference to the murders committed by Mary Pearcey ( Upon Mrs. Phoebe Hogg and her child ).

Lloyd's Weekly Newspaper
                  October 26, 1890
                  Hello Howard

What a windbag this Backert guy was.

These murders took place in Camden Town and not Hampstead.

Neither victim was 'ripped'.

Is he suggesting that Mrs Pearcey was JTR?
                  Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

I think Dave James has pretty much got a complete timeline of Bachert in the press already

Dave would be the guy able to fake Bachert's Diary so if one ever turns up, I'll be looking in his direction

Comment

Hi Stephen

I would guess that Bachert wrote that before he had knowledge of the arrest of Mary Pearcey

The body of the woman was found at Hampstead?

Comment

Bachert in Hansard, 1891. Haven't seen this before.; apologies if it's already been picked up.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave ! I haven't seen it before.

Stephen...that's what I think he did...suggest the murders of the Hoggs as being by the hands of the Ripper.

He's the Hindenburg of windbags, Stephen.

Comment

Nemo:
                            Is Dave's timeline here on the Forums or in a publication ?

Comment

I'm pretty certain I haven't seen that before Dave - thanks for posting it

Comment

Working...
                              X