Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albert Bachert & The Hampstead Murders ( 1890)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Nemo:
    Is Dave's timeline here on the Forums or in a publication ?
    How,I think there's a little bit of Bachert all over the boards! Very fitting for someone who poked his nose in so many things.

Comment

I was impressed with Dave James' collation of articles referring to the vigilance committees and he had a particular interest in Bachert and had collated pretty much everything Bachert

I'll just check the Forbes Winslow Charlatan? thread as I'm sure he posted an LFW timeline correlating him with Bachert's press appearances

He definitely needs to be on board if you were researching Bachert

Comment

Hi Nemo,

Thanks for that, but all I was trying to do was add to the sterling work done by Dave O and Chris Scott with info that had come to light since they had done their research.

I have to admit, Albert fascinates me. On the one hand he is a man who seems to have genuine concerns about the state of Whitechapel and has strong (if blinkered) political views to the extent that he gets involved/starts groups to address these concerns (unemployment, JtR etc) and on the other hand he seems like a self publicising fantasist who doesn't seem to like the police.

Again, he likes to come across as a law abiding citizen through his actions, yet on the dark side he is accused of stealing from his father, uttering dud money and fraud.

I mean, what's not to like about him?
        Dave
        "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

Thanks Dave

I don't recall coming across his concern with after hours drinking - perhaps a personal motive was involved there at the pub?

Comment

How,I think there's a little bit of Bachert all over the boards! Very fitting for someone who poked his nose in so many things.---Debs

Ha ha !!! You ain't kidding,sweets ! Good line !
            In time, we'll get that fellow's timeline together in one place.

Comment

The rest of the story

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              FYI, this is in reference to the murders committed by Mary Pearcey ( Upon Mrs. Phoebe Hogg and her child ).

Lloyd's Weekly Newspaper
              October 26, 1890
              Echo, December 15, 1890

Comment

Thank you JD !

Comment

Working...
                X