Shropshire serial killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shropshire serial killer?

There's a bit of a strange investigation taking place in my county at the moment

The alleged killer is a 58 year old man who was convicted of killing a 75 year old man during a burglary in 1994 and is currently serving a life sentence

He has just been charged with three other murders during the same year after some cold-case reviews

The other three victims are all male

One was a 53 year old man found in his burned out car, placed behind the front seats with his arms crossed

The second was a 57 year old found in his home with serious head injuries, which were ruled as resulting from a fall after a murder inquiry

The third was a 36 year old pub doorman found drowned in the River Severn after walking there with his dog. He was deemed a possible suicide or that the dog had dragged him into the river causing an accidental death

The alleged murderer is Robin Stanislaw Ligus who would have been 42 at the time and appears to have killed at least four people within seven months. He was due for a parole hearing next year

This guy is up for trial now

It was suggested he might be a serial confessor, but his confessions apparently contain details known only to the killer or police

He is quoted as stating "I'm a serial killer" and also "I'm a natural born killer"

He used an iron bar in all the murders, one which he kept in the boot/trunk of his car and which he attempted to dispose of in the River Servern, but which landed on the bank and was recovered by police (!)

The motive appears to be robbery in an attempt to gain money for drugs

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2...serial-killer/

Comment

If true, this would be the first case of serial-killer-who-stopped for many years and he would join the almost unique band consisting of Bela Kiss, Fred & Rose West, Zodiac, Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgeway unless anyone can name me more.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
        If true, this would be the first case of serial-killer-who-stopped for many years and he would join the almost unique band consisting of Bela Kiss, Fred & Rose West, Zodiac, Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgeway unless anyone can name me more.

PHILIP
        Peter Tobin.

Comment

Phil:

I'm a little fuzzy on the details...but isn't there an investigation going on in the Far West to determine whether the Alphabet Killer has been nabbed at long last ?
          The A.K. operated in Rochester some 40 years ago.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Hi How:

The last I heard, Naso's DNA didn't match the Rochester case. Someone please correct me if I received misinformation about this.

Comment

Reports published last month, May 9th 2011, state that there is no evidence to link Naso to the Rochester case. This includes the DNA which does not match.

Comment

Thanks for questioning it Stanley D...and thanks for the results Mike.

I'm stunned that its already been a month since I read about that story.

Is time flying or what ?
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

Comment

Most/all of the information on this character was garnered from a recording device worn by a fellow prisoner at Gartree

Within those details is a reference to him committing a murder when he was 17 years old in 1969

The victim at that time also ended up in the river

Apparently the police are not pursuing this murder as details are sketchy and they can't find a possible victim

Comment

Mike - Tobin didn't actually stop. He just took 'time out'. OK, I wouldn't've known that if I hadn't checked on Wiki, just like I can hold my hands up and say - in all honesty - I'd never heard of the Alphabet Killer until this morning!

PHILIP
                    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

MOrning Philip, using that logic shouldn't Fred and Rose be discounted?
                      The space between Alison Chambers death and Heather West was 8 years, and the space between the last murder, of Heather West and Freds arrest was 5 years isn't it more likely that he was resting when he was caught?

Comment

Case still ongoing...

An interview with Ligus was quoted in the court in which he states that he believes he is the reincarnation of someone born in 1852!

He said 1883 was a special year for him but he couldn't remember the "murky" details...

Comment

Working...
                        X