No announcement yet.

Jack The Stripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that 'Whos was jack the Ripper? ' also names two other potencial victims one in wales and one near Heathrow in the 1950's.. I'll try and find names and dates later.

However last year I did a little digging into Hannahs suposed sex parties and found a conection to the Blue Dolfin hotel which had a large swimming pool.

I was interested to note Neil Milkins claim that Irene Lockwood had been presumed drowned in a bath?

Does that mean the coroner found fresh water in her lungs? And is there any source for this information..

I'll keep posting in the hope that Neil might eventually find this thread and perhaps provide us with some extra information on the sources for this information.

Yours Jeff

Comment

Helen Barthelemey

I just noticed with interest that Helen had four teeth removed post mortem by the killer.

I'm not convinced any of the victims prior to this did?

It also rather knocks the death by falatio theory as if she died durring this act there would have been a lot of blood.

I think she was the first kept at the electrical substation so the killer had time to remove the teeth..

Trophies or some macarb sexual act?

The teeth ar certainly interesting

Yours Jeff

Comment

Wouldn't the memoirs of the investigating officer be of interest?

The security guard who committed suicide is the most viable suspect I think, but the recently proposed Welsh killer who lived in the area is an interesting option (sorry to be vague - but short of time at the mo)

I always thought choking the victim to death during oral sex was a bit of a wayward theory - though (slightly) plausible

IMO there is more chance of necrophilic fellatio being a factor

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          Wouldn't the memoirs of the investigating officer be of interest?
          There was some anamosity about John Du Rose being bought in. It was his security guard theory. I think he was also responcible for the falatio theory. He's now dead.

Seabrook's Cushway theory was based on his interview with William Baldock. He was alive at the time Jack of Jumps was written. (Seabrooke is nolonger with us).. I beleive Baldock was incharge when Du Rose was bought in..

The security guard who committed suicide is the most viable suspect I think, but the recently proposed Welsh killer who lived in the area is an interesting option (sorry to be vague - but short of time at the mo)
          Yes but he was in Scotland when O'Haras body was dumped? Some what a hole, though I agree he is the best suspect. Did he act alone?

I always thought choking the victim to death during oral sex was a bit of a wayward theory - though (slightly) plausible

IMO there is more chance of necrophilic fellatio being a factor
          If Helens teeth were pulled out post mortum I think we can dismiss this theory. What we know is that they all met very different ends. Lockwood having fresh water in her lungs acording to Neil Melkins recent book.

Unfortunately there are so many bits of contradictary information out there its often difficult to see the wood from the tree's and my experince with ripperology has pushed me to caution

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hi Nemo, Jeff, et al. I just read Jack of Jumps and I must say the security guard really didn't look like a very good suspect based on what the author presented. That book was from 2006 and I haven't read anything more recent. In fact, it's the ONLY real book on the case available through amazon.com, although I see there's an older one available on amazon.co.uk that I'm considering getting.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              Hi Nemo, Jeff, et al. I just read Jack of Jumps and I must say the security guard really didn't look like a very good suspect based on what the author presented. That book was from 2006 and I haven't read anything more recent. In fact, it's the ONLY real book on the case available through amazon.com, although I see there's an older one available on amazon.co.uk that I'm considering getting.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
              I'd be cearful with Seabrooks book Tom. Its vary bias. And his own theory that the murders were committed by Cushway is even more shakey, especially as I know Cushway was alive and well and living just up the road from me around the time of Jack of Jumps publication.

But there are a number of holes with the Mungo Ireland theory. Especially as Seabrook points out he was in Scotland when O'Haras body was dumped.

When Seabrook published his book Mungo Irelands wife and daughter were still living at the same address and moved very quickly. There is more to this story but it can not be printed on a public message board. (Happy to PM)

The book you require is 'Who was Jack the Stripper by Neil Milkins.

Its a much better book but still no references to the source's for various bits of information which is very frustrating.

The only person who ever had access to the police files was Seabook, and I don't think he had complete access only files held at Hendon.

I have a copy of Hannah Tailfords coroners report, the rest were destroyed as a matter of standard practice. This is a story that requires a proper Historical researcher and writer to access the main files, but i have a feeling it wont happen.

I have my own theory that a number of the victims were involved in making stag films and there is a connection to photography and a brothel, but I've never been able to substanciate it.. And of course the most probable statistical conclusion is that we are dealing with a lone serial killer although as I have said these murders are all very different from each other

Trust this helps

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff, thanks for all that. You're obviously well versed on this series of crimes, whereas I'm not. Milkin was indeed the book I'd seen available, so if you recommend it I should pick it up. Your stag film idea is very interesting. Have you considered being the researcher to tackle this project and get to the files no one has seen?

Also, I agree that a serial killer was at work, but it's not clear that all the women listed as Stripper victims were killed by the same person. Also, it may not have been a person at all, but a duo or trio as suggested by some of the witness evidence. Regarding statistics, there are no real statistics on serial killers. Only the ones who've been caught.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I read the 3 books one after the other, chronologically.

Perhaps it is my reading of them, but all 3 tend to throw up more questions than answers.
                  I'm going on my reading from 6 months ago or so now, however Seabrook comes across as very reluctant with his suspect in too many ways.

Milkins book gives the most plausibility to a lone serial killer, though as Jeff suggests, whether all those named were victims of the same killer is definitely open to doubt.

Figg & Rees are potential victims. What seperates them (for me) is the fact that they were buried, whereas the others weren't.

Milkins is worth getting Tom. I agree with Jeff's point, as a few times I'd read something & be wondering "where'd he get that from?"

Comment

I wish we had a neutral book. The three we have each are based on "proving" that some pet suspect did it.

Comment

The remains of Gwyneth Rees were found 50 years ago on this Friday the 8th. She'd gone missing on the previous September 29.

Comment

Was O'Hara ever proven to be a prostitute?

Comment

Does anyone have any information on a 2013 true crime book entitled Exposing Jack the Stripper by Fergus Mason?

Comment

Other than that there are a few listed on ebay - no.
                            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exposing-...item19e71b63bb
                            Tel
                            Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Comment

Hi all,

Just bought Exposing Jack the Stripper by Fergus Mason ebook on Amazon.uk. It's on special offer - under £2.00.

If I get time to read it over the weekend I'll report back.
                              Dave
                              "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

Thanks gents! I just saw it on the Stripper Wiki page and didn't remember hearing of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X