Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady : As big as Jack the Ripper....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...he-Ripper.html

A guy has got to dream. People won't be discussing Brady very much in 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRobertAnderson View Post
      A guy has got to dream. People won't be discussing Brady very much in 100 years.
      Hi Bob

In the long term I suspect you are correct, although at the time of the Moors murders in the early Sixties, they created a sensation in the United Kingdom much like the Ripper case, both for their sordidness and the fear they instilled in the population. The crimes also produced one of the best true crime books of the era, the much recommended Beyond Belief by the late writer, historian and actor Emlyn Williams, who I had the privilege to witness performing his one-man show on Charles Dickens at the Johns Hopkins University before he passed away in 1987.

Best regards

Chris
      Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
      https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
      Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

He sounds like he's trying to wind people up to clamour for his death

I'm not sure comments such as these from such a sick (in the head) individual should have been aired

Comment

He is one of the few people capable of giving the Ripper a bad name. A loathsome piece of scum.

Comment

http://news.sky.com/story/1108386/mo...ger-to-himself

Dressed in black and wearing dark glasses, he has a feeding tube running into his nose.

Although he claims to be on hunger strike, the tribunal has heard that staff "turn a blind eye" when he makes toast or packet soup for himself "to spare him embarrassment".

Comment

Sort of disturbing that Brady, among others on his cell block, got "tired" of eating steak.
              No need to ramble on...but I don't doubt that Brady is telling the truth.
              The first thing I thought of was the ( sorry Robert...) more loathsome than Brady, Richard Speck and what he had in the slam.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

Surely everyone here is agreed Brady is a 'monster' thats simply what he is? is it not?

But there is a more interesting sub text for ripperologists:

Was Jack the Ripper of the same mental mind set as Ian Brady?

And thats a complex question which I dont have answers to..

I do know JtR was psychotic Serial killer...

But what does that mean exactly and is Brady psychotic or simply sociopathic?

Isnt that what this court case is actually about?

So is Brady mad? or just like you and me?

Unconfortable isnt it?

Yours Jeff

Comment

I don't think its that easy, Jeff....to ask if we're like him or not like him.
                  Many mad people don't commit crimes at all or as heinous as were Brady's.
                  He appears to be a sociopath, at least. He might be normal in nearly everything else, but certainly not where it concerns committing cowardly crimes....and those crimes including the murder of the gay guy Edwards, were cowardly.
                  There may have been ( I don't know that much about his crimes...) some degree of sexual satisfaction in the crimes against the kids ( the ones buried in the Moors). Someone with more knowledge of the case may know if that was mentioned or not.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi How. Both Lesley Ann Downey and John Kilbride had been sexually assaulted by Brady just before death. I guess we'll never know about Pauline Reade or Keith Bennett. I think Edward Evans was looking on Brady as being a pick-up.

I'd be interested in reading some objective, non-tabloid, non-political reportage on this latest development. There can be no doubt that Brady is 'mad' in the sense of 'evil' but the bigger question is - as he is clearly very intelligent (I wonder if his IQ has been tested?) - is he TRULY faking the psychosis, as he states? I'm actually not sure.

PHILIP
                    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Thanks for that Phil....especially the fact that the little girl and boy were sexually assaulted....I was unaware.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                        Thanks for that Phil....especially the fact that the little girl and boy were sexually assaulted....I was unaware.
                        You ought to read Emlyn Williams's Beyond Belief... it's sickening stuff what Brady and Hindley did to those children.

Chris
                        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

On a recent TV programme interviewing police and lawyers involved with the case, it seemed a clear opinion that Brady wasn't sexually motivated, but that the sexual element formed part of a power play in which domination, humiliation and control were the driving factors, and that Brady didn't, and wouldn't even today, have a "scintilla" of thought for the victims and family, certainly not remorse

Sounds like a committed sadist to me which we might consider as a mental aberration but not particularly insane in my view

I've never known a hunger striker to live 14 years and to have toast on the weekend - ridiculous

Comment

I don't think its that easy, Jeff....to ask if we're like him or not like him.
                            Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly. But Brady is trying to argue that he is not insane in anyway what so ever, that he's perfectly normal much like the governments he claims represent us, that his crimes were simply an experiment in existential thinking.

Many mad people don't commit crimes
                            Actually I've been arguing for years that most mad people never commit crimes and are largely a danger to themselves.

He appears to be a sociopath, at least. He might be normal in nearly everything else, but certainly not where it concerns committing cowardly crimes....and those crimes including the murder of the gay guy Edwards, were cowardly.
                            Ah, but thats not what his doctors are arguing, they are claiming he is a Paranoid schizophrenic, much like Sutcliff, and thats a very different position.

There may have been ( I don't know that much about his crimes...) some degree of sexual satisfaction in the crimes against the kids ( the ones buried in the Moors). Someone with more knowledge of the case may know if that was mentioned or not.
                            Yes my understanding is that there was sexual element to the murders. There are tape recordings of Brady and Hindley torturing Lesley Anne, its in these recording where Hindley is heard to have participated. I guess it depends on whether you consider S&M sexual activity?

But they are very different murders to the Jack the Ripper murders.

Jack appears to have killed his victims so that he could carry out his bizarre fantasy. His sexual preferance was post mortum, as appears to be the case in the Stripper murders.

I dont think there is any suggestion the Moors victims were touched post mortum. Brady's purpose seems to be about taking and controlling power over his victims, which is why I've always thought he was a Psychopath.

But if his doctors are correct we are looking at something much more complex. Somewhere where the two conditions seem to combine.

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X