Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pipeman View Post
    Why State Parks? Do you have a theory
    I think that using the parks automatically creates another level of complexity for law enforcement. As Lost Girls explains, Jones Beach for example has an entirely different set of police officers than Nassau or Suffolk County.

I also think LISK gets some joy from having his victims be semi-hidden in a public place, one that he can drive or walk part. He gets a kick knowing that others are unwittingly passing by his body dumps.

Comment

you think the killer's job has some connection to state parks? Perhaps he does landscaping or some type of work at parks around LI. Going back atleast to Peaches 1997 who was dumped in Hempstead State Park: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaches_(murder_victim)

I think it might be more than just trying to confuse LE, I think the killer could have some reason for being or working in State Parks that allows him to dump the bodies with ease. It seems that State Parks are the only places he feels safe

Comment

you think the killer's job has some connection to state parks? Perhaps he does landscaping or some type of work at parks around LI.
        A landscaper makes a lot of sense. I think there is a seasonal aspect to his business.

Comment

The killer also dumped Jessica Taylor on a pile of wood and sticks. Landscaper is a real possibility, but if it was it would be someone who has a contract to work throughout the state parks on LI. It shouldn't be too hard to find out who has this contract.

Comment

The killer also dumped Jessica Taylor on a pile of wood and sticks. Landscaper is a real possibility, but if it was it would be someone who has a contract to work throughout the state parks on LI. It shouldn't be too hard to find out who has this contract.
            Personally I think the guy owns the business; he's not a laborer.

I am not sure I would conclude that because he has used state parks to dump body parts he has a contract with NY State. I think he spends minimal time disposing of the parts - tosses and leaves.

Comment

I wouldn't disagree about owning the business, but that doesn't make him well off as I'm sure you know. Rifkin ran a landscape business, though i think this guy has a bit bigger of a business than Rifkin. allegedly Rifkin used Bissett neighbor for his landscape business, wouldn't be surprised to learn LISK does the same and this is what started the Bissett is LISK rumor. It seems real specific that the killer will only dump in state parks though. And the dumps confined mostly to state parks spans many many years. There is Peaches, and all the way at the very eastern point of LI there is this guy from 99 dumped in a state park: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2731

Those are pretty far apart, it seems like he only feels comfortable getting rid of a body within state park boundaries...like he has a reason to be possibly with work supplies that can hide a body, or he has a reason to be there at night. What business would do work at many different state parks on Long Island? Department of Environmenta Protection?

Comment

The Rippercast and attendant slides went up today on Casebook, thanks to Jonathan Menges.

http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=129

An Incident at Oak Beach: Ripperologists look at LISK
                May 22nd, 2016
                Duration: 01:51:13
                Listen in as Robert Anderson presents Team Syphilis' examination of the Long Island Serial Killer case, followed by a 25 minute conversation about LISK with Prof. Charles Tumosa, a renowned forensic crime scene expert. Team Syphilis for this outing is Robert Anderson, Mark Ripper, Livia Trivia, Peter Whitby, Katja Nieder, Trevor Bond, Jon Lee Rees and Mike Flores. From Baltimore's 2016 Rippercon: Jack the Ripper and True Crime Conference.

Comment

Suffolk County ME Report of Examination

Jonathan Menges and I just finished a Rippercast dealing with the autopsy report on Shannan Gilbert completed by Dr. Sims-Child on 12/14/11. Should be online later tonight.

Comment

Link to the LISK Rippercast

Long Island Serial Killer: The Shannan Gilbert Autopsy Report

Rippercast welcomes researcher Robert Anderson to further discuss the Long Island Serial Killer case, this time bringing to our listeners new information that is contained in as-yet unreleased Suffolk County Medical Examiner's report on the death of Shannan Gilbert. As an added bonus following the main one-on-one interview we include another conversation Mr. Anderson was able to have with Forensic Crime Scene expert Dr. Charles Tumosa.

http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=135

Thank you for listening.

JM

Comment

The Killing Season, a four part series on the LISK murders has just finished over here.
                      Fascinating story.
                      Regards, Jon S.
                      "
                      The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
                      " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
                      Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

The 4 episodes are here :

http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-killing-season
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X