Leslie Van Houten Parole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie Van Houten Parole?

More on the Manson weirdos. Leslie Van Houten is up for parole. I hope she never gets out.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36050661

Maybe we can show her some mercy when she's 90 but not now. Manson killer Steve Grogan has been paroled though so you never can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
      Maybe we can show her some mercy when she's 90 but not now. Manson killer Steve Grogan has been paroled though so you never can tell.
      I hope not even when she is 90.

Comment

Had the Manson murders not been a newspaper sensation i have no doubt most of them would be released by now.

The only thing you can say about her is she wasnt involved in the main Sharon tate masacre which outraged the public.

Im sitting on the fence on this

Comment

Yet another one with "I'm so, so sorry for what I did and by the way do you think I could get out and enjoy life a little?"

Comment

No, she didn't do much with the Tate murders, but she held down Rosemary La Bianca while she was stabbed. That is pretty dang cold blooded.

Comment

She belongs in gaol forever. Can't believe she has gotten this far

Comment

At the time of conviction, most of these people got the death penalty. The death penalty was overturned at the federal level in 1973, so Manson and his family got life. I don't remember the term "life without parole" in those days, but there was an assurance that these people would never get out. It was kind of a trade off on the pro death penalty arguments, yes we can keep someone in for life.

In that context and because of the feelings of the victims' families, I do not believe Leslie should be paroled. If the victims' families say different, then OK.

Her case has been odd all the way along. She was released and re-tried a couple of times and sent back. It was always said she didn't kill anyone, she stabbed a dead body, she was just there. Then yesterday she said she helped tie up & hold down Mrs. LaBianca. Now there is no question she was a killer like all the rest. (Under most state laws, if an addict robs a gas station at gun point & the gun accidentally goes off and kills someone, the robber is then charged with first degree murder. Some get the death penalty. Considering this I do not see how Leslie Van Houten is less than a murderer.)

The attack at Sharon Tate's was especially horrific, but so was the attack on the LaBiancas. They were two upper middle class people who should have been secure in their home. There has been some effort in the news to make Leslie's crime less because it affected fewer people. At the time of the trial I knew people who had known the LaBiancas.
                The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

I don't support the death penalty but I do believe that a life sentence should be just that. In the UK at the moment it is only police killers and child sex killers who get a full life sentence, but even that has been broken recently with the release of police killer Harry Roberts.

Comment

I'm on the fence with this one too but it'll be interesting to see what sort of pressure is put on the Governor in making the final decision. Also, assuming she is released, how she would go about returning to mainstream life after 40 + years.

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

Lesley Van Houten denied parole! Makes me believe in Santa Clause.

http://www.people.com/article/charle...-parole-denied

Comment

Working...
                      X