Green River Killer Won't Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green River Killer Won't Be Released

One of the most prolific serial killers in American history has been denied a possible prison release, petitioned for in defense of his well-being.

Gary Ridgway, dubbed the “The Green River Killer” after his initial victims were found in the Green River, was one of about 12,000 inmates who could have been eligible for release if a motion was passed, MyNorthwest reports. A lawsuit — filed in late March by Columbia Legal Services on behalf of five inmates — pleaded with the state to release the inmates, claiming that the Department of Corrections was unable to provide safe conditions amid the global pandemic.

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/se...WhhdBT1vgGcFOo
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Ridgway's kill rate was higher than the virus. About 100% for women who got in his car. He is proud of killing more than Bundy did. I remember when he pleaded guilty--to avoid the death penalty-- to something like 78 counts. Took about an hour. Creepy!

Other than that, he was a good family man when he wasn't actively killing.

Not a great candidate for release.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

That one would have been hard to explain. He initially pleaded guilty to the 48 he was charged with (later a 49th), but he estimated it was 70+.

Comment

Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
        That one would have been hard to explain. He initially pleaded guilty to the 48 he was charged with (later a 49th), but he estimated it was 70+.
        I thought he plead to 78? So I got it wrong? I remember the televised court appearance. It took a long time for him to say whatever he had to say for every victim. Unbelievable! He's locked up about 200 miles north of where I live. I'm sure he won't be getting out.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
        X