Psychotic Serial Killers: Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychotic Serial Killers: Discussion

Over on Casebook, on a thread which is discussing the BTK murderer and Thomas Cutbush, Ally mentioned that in her view "psychotics make for bad serial killers", inferring that their organizational abilities or the absence of this quality to evade the long arm of the law for long are what do them in.

I agree with her on this point. I also think it might be beneficial for us to bring up a list of suspects from other cases as well as from within the WM here on this thread...and lets see what we can ascertain.

What do you think?
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Allow me to add this from one psychotic named Wesley Allen Dodd ( who was a serial killing pedophile executed in Washington( State) in the late 1980's...or early 1990's.

He acknowledged what he had done and offered a primer on how to avoid people like him to the public.

Makes you wonder if these people are all that "sick" to begin with and whether its their will that is so weak.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/B...ecturself.html
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How, I think both you and Ally are pushing your luck here.
      I've never made the mistake of trying to push the killer into a box and then claiming that he doesn't exist because he can't climb out of 'my' box.
      My latest efforts appear contrary to yours and Ally, for I attempt to give the killer a quite normal purpose, ambition and motive, in that he simply did not understand what he was doing, and blundered into his crimes, while the pair of you still seem to be demanding that the killer premeditated and planned his crimes.
      This is old hat now, How, and I do wish you would give Ally that message.

Comment

Dear A.P.

I'm glad you hold an opposing view and a different premise for the murders themselves,old bean....thanks for providing it once more.

Anyone else care to pitch in...either to add to A.P.'s position or otherwise?
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

You are a true gent, How.
          But rest your arse for a rough ride.

Comment

Being psychotic doesn't necessarily mean that you want to be caught or don't consider the risk of such in my view. Certainly, some are so daft that they either want to be apprehended, don't even consider that possibility or are too out of control to take any precautions. Conversely, I'd expect that if you're paranoid or have O.C.D. that you might be even more meticulous in covering your tracks.

Comment

I can see that in the case of the Ripper,what is of major significance is that he did not get caught, and in order to be so adept at avoiding capture its fair to assume he planned his killings or some of them-how carefully we don"t know.
              But psychotic killers appear to plan their killings sometimes and sometimes do not.
              In Robert Napper who was sent to Broadmoor for the Mary Kelly type murder and mutilation of a young mother,as well as the murder of her child,we hear he stalked the young woman for weeks beforehand and detailed plans were found in his flat of what he was up to.He is believed to have posed as a tradesman and knocked on her door and there was evidence that he murdered her soon after she opened her door because of evidence found in the hallway.
              This same man changed his modus operandi from an outdoor stabber and a "virgin rapist" to a frenzied woodland stabber in the case of Rachel Nickell in the Wimbledon Common murder, to a stalker/planner/indoor killer and grotesque mutilator in the case of Jacqueline Bisset.He is even believed by police to have committed several other knife killings that have remained unsolved for years and police are interviewing him about them still-he may not be cooperating with police at the present time.
              The man is diagnosed as suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.He wasnt brought before the courts for the murder of Rachel Nickell for 15 years,refusing to cooperate in any way with the police inquiry until a few months ago.
              He murdered both indoors and outdoors and only caught eventually over the Jacqueline Bisset murder - only a DNA match eventually enabled him to be caught over Rachel.He was apparently sometimes a very careful planner.

Comment

Natalie, I'm just not sure what label I would put on a young, slightly built man who was capable of overpowering four attendants in a secure cell, escaping into a yard, vaulting a wall designed to keep lunatics inside, dashing down a main street with a crowd in hot pursuit, running through a house to emerge with a new identity, and then join his pursuers in the hunt for himself.
                I'm not sure what label to put on a man who would simply walk up to another person, while being watched by guards, and then punch them as hard as they could in the face.
                I'm not sure what label to put on a man who would attempt to bite his mother's face when she kisses him goodbye.
                Yes, a dangerous lunatic, but one who clearly thinks on his feet, and makes snap decisions which save his bacon.

Comment

I agree AP.I thought what you said the other day about autism sounded like a match---severe end of spectrum that is.
                  But I do have a bit of a problem over it.I cant quite see a young man suffering only from autism behaving with such savagery and indifference to the law,the legality of things being matters with which Thomas Cutbush certainly appears to have taken an interest in when writing to Lord Grimthorpe who was a successful lawyer. But he appears to have been all that you suggest in terms of thinking on his feet and making snap decisions.So I dont know what label you would put on him either.
                  Best

Comment

Natalie, it's a concept I don't struggle with myself, for things that interest me capture my entire soul, but things that don't I struggle with.
                    I can come across as entirely remedial with something that doesn't interest me, but I know I can sparkle as a genius when something does.
                    I think to escape the consequence of action is the ultimate aim of every autistic soul, and then to spend a lifetime in denial, is the explanation of the illness.

Comment

I know what you mean Ap----when the muse calls your words take flight!

Comment

Working...
                      X