***Sons Of Sam - 4 Part Series- A Descent Into Darkness***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Sons Of Sam - 4 Part Series- A Descent Into Darkness***

In case you don't have Netflix, which is where this four part series is currently playing, here are links to all four episodes but with Arabic subtitles.

New York, like Philly, was in pretty shitty shape during the 1970's.

The Son of Sam manhunt rivaled any in the 20th Century.

The.Sons.of.Sam.A.Descent.into.Darkness Part 1

https://ok.ru/video/2878832249393

The.Sons.of.Sam.A.Descent.into.Darkness.S01E02

https://ok.ru/video/2878842800689

The.Sons.of.Sam.A.Descent.into.Darkness.S01E03

https://ok.ru/video/2583492102698

The.Sons.of.Sam.A.Descent.into.Darkness.S01E04

https://ok.ru/video/2583496624682

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...ntary-48301868
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I'm glad they used the plural Sams.

I guess they aren't avoiding the understandably unavoidable cult theory with multiple shooters.

Comment

Son of San:

Maury Terry tried linking Berkowitz to Manson, the Process Church, etc.

Terry suggested that Arliss Perry was murdered by someone within Berkowitz's sphere back in 1974.

Arlis Kay Perry (February 22, 1955 – October 12, 1974)[2] was a 19-year-old American newlywed who was murdered inside Stanford Memorial Church, within the grounds of Stanford University in California, on October 12, 1974. The murder went unsolved for more than forty years before police named Stephen Blake Crawford as the perpetrator following DNA profiling in 2018. Crawford, a security guard at Stanford who purportedly discovered the body, committed suicide before he could be arrested.

He also believed that the murder of Tracy Moskowitz was filmed and a snuff film was made of the murder.

Give it a look, Son, er, San.....
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

By the way, the last episode contains the actual police film of officers approaching Stephen Crawford's home to arrest him after 43+ years based on DNA evidence in 2018 for Perry's murder.
          This animal stuck a very large candle up her vagina and broke an icepick off in the back of her head.
          You'll hear Crawford shoot himself....good ending to a terrible event.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Maury Terry tried linking Berkowitz to Manson, the Process Church, etc.
            I remember reading Terry's book. Berkowitz and "Sam" were in his Yonkers neighborhood and I'd forgotten that he and the main other suspect were freshman in the same homeroom.

This documentary goes to the matter of where I apply the descriptors "mutually inclusive" v "causative". Terry did find an actual example where the "cult" factors were more than just the usual, mutually-inclusive ones (Sirhan Sirhan and the Rosicrucians, Hauptmann and the Theosophicals) but actually "causative" or motivational. But at some point, it just goes back to mutually inclusive and I don't know if he was aware of that from a profiling standpoint. Not that it might not all work together on a different theosophical level....

I also like this as another example of the cops bringing in someone who doesn't "fit the bill", at all from the witness standpoint. No one trusts witnesses less than I do but, as the guy on the show says, they are "within a range". So they almost always get male/female, white/black, big/small, fat/thin correct, depending on the conditions.

Comment

Not covered enough in the series was the murder of Stacy Moskowitz and near murder of Robert Violante. There was a eyewitness named Tommy Zaino, who still maintains the man he saw shoot the two was not Berkowitz. Strange activity going on in this one double murder. I've added two links to some Unsolved Mysteries episodes ( the program on Son of Sam was split in two and worth a look ) that go into depth about the Moskowitz/Violante shooting.

Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack - Season 1 Episode 6 ----- around 2 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y5S...fNi-CO&index=6

Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack - Season 1 Episode 7------around 20 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbss...fNi-CO&index=7

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I remember mentioning my believe in the "multiple shooter", "cult" theory of the SoS case, way back around 2002 on Ivor Edwards' old site, and being taken to task by a profiler who said she had interviewed David Berkowitz. Of course, that's like saying you know more about the game because you interviewed Gretzky!

Ultimately, I was right about the so-called "ultimate evil". But she was right about the Zodiac not being my suspect Leigh Allen. I bought into the conclusions in Graysmith's book so I had it wrong there.

Those were two of the three lover's lane shooting sprees going on at the same time. The other one was the Monster of Florence. Then there was also the Phantom Killer.

I have to give the NYPD credit that they are the only ones who arrested an actual perpetrator in the crimes and got him convicted for them in any of these cases. I would consider that above par with par being an arrest without an indictment as per the Texas Rangers and Texarkana police in the Phantom Killings.

Comment

Those were two of the three lover's lane shooting sprees going on at the same time. The other one was the Monster of Florence. Then there was also the Phantom Killer.

San:

The Texarkana 'Moonlight Murders' occurred in 1947....30 years before the SoS series.

One problem with the theory someone other than Berkowitz murdered Moskowitz and severely wounded Violante is that IF it was one of the Carr Brothers, then one of them had to use Berkowitz's weapon. I don't have the necessary ballistics report in front of me but I believe the ballistics were that Moskowitz was murdered with the same weapon Esau and his date were murdered with and Berky admitted to murdering them.

I still think Zaino's eyewitnessing of the Moskowitz murder and rejection that Berkowitz was the shooter are very credible.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Yes, the Phantom Killer was the prototype in the 40s. Then there were SoS, Zodiac and Monster of Florence in the same span from the 60s to the 80s.

The Monster of Florence's 22 Beretta was ballistically matched to one used in a different shooting in 68 that killed a couple of lovers in a car and that shooter was still in jail when the canonical MoF killings started in 74. The book on the case introduced the term Dietrologia to the English speaking world, which is basically what Terry Maury, as was Douglas Preston, was getting into. Those crimes went on for two decades in Italy.

You could say MoF worked alone, even if he used someone else's gun, but he operated exclusively in very secluded lovers lanes up in the Tuscan Hills. So did the PK and he still had an accomplice with the "unofficial" narrative. Darlene Ferrin said she was stalked by someone she saw murder someone so you have evidence of ride-alongs with the Zodiac.

Comment

San:

Another factor in a multiple shooter scenario to consider is that the logo used by Berky ( shown below ) was used by John 'Wheaties' Carr some time before it became publicized ( after he dropped the letter on the ground at one of the murder/shootings locations) Carr had drawn the sketch on the inside of a telephone book.

We know that Berkowitz visited Carr, when Carr was in Minot, ND....and that Carr indulged in sick animal sacrifice, actually getting caught by a friend of his in the friend's home.

Both of these facts were provided to and by the Minot police department....not some crazy conspiratorial nuts, which is what people who dismiss Berkowitz working in unison with others or someone else have been labeled.

Maury Terry went overboard, in my opinion, and sort of diluted the work he had conducted by adding other murders and 'nationwide' cultists. In all likelihood, the murders may have been committed by Berkowitz ( for certain ) and one or two other local assholes playing 'weekend warlock'.

The eyewitness testimony of two women shot and fortunately surviving one double shooting appears to favor John Carr rather than Berkowitz. Carr is shown at bottom :

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Just realized Berkowitz was arrested on the day I got married ( first time), August 10, 1977...

Berkowitz's career as an arsonist usually gets little mention although he confessed to committing many....
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Terry might have gone too far but the police publicly stopped too soon, so it looks bad when Carr’s sister was a police dispatcher and the cult members reached into the upper elite, and the police responded with angry opposition and blanket irrational statements that were obviously self-serving and political. But it goes to show you how and why investigations get derailed or stopped outright and cases turn into unsolved mysteries.

Comment

The cult members reached into the upper elite, and the police responded with angry opposition and blanket irrational statements that were obviously self-serving and political. But it goes to show you how and why investigations get derailed or stopped outright and cases turn into unsolved mysteries.
                            -San Diego-

Who were the cult members who reached into the upper elite, San ? I know Roy Radin, the 300 pound greaseball, was mentioned but he wasn't in a 'cult'.

On the part of how cops stifled discussion of other people being involved, I agree 100 percent. It is impossible to believe the man who shot two women and who resembled Carr suddenly morphed into Berkowitz. It wasn't just a case of two women having fuzzy recollection.....when you get shot you remember what the shooter looked like if you survive....which they did and he didn't remotely look like the 'Chubby Behemoth'.. That alone should have had the cops thinking along multiple assassin lines.

Someone in the documentary mentioned the fact that some cops 'made their bones' with Berky's arrest....no problem with that, but to exclude other credible sightings like that of Virginia Davis and Tommy Zaino is obfuscation.
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Maybe "upper elite" isn't the right words. But the offshoot of the Process Church is assumed to have sacrificed Alsatians because that was the "mascot" of the Process. 85 Alsations were killed in Walden, NY and it's assumed that is connected to the sacrifices in Untermyer Park. So it's obvious that it's not just a bunch of teenagers doing it, but people that can actually afford that many German Shepherds.

I'm not saying doctors and lawyers and politicians were part of the plot. I'd settle with the Carr brothers and they apparently did leave the area to avoid questioning, and the paranoia may have got them killed.

But did anyone know what John Carr was doing at Minot Air Force Base? All they said was that he was staying at his girlfriend's apartment on the base. Here I finally found a newspaper source that says he was a sargeant. How about "upper echelon"? (Not that the police backed off from the military in this case as Berkowitz was in the army.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	sonofsam.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	578428
                              The Gospel Truth - Volume 18, Issue 8 - Volume 22, Issue 8 - Page 6

books.google.ca › books

Comment

Working...
                              X