Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 31
    John Carr's "Friend from ND"

So now we know why the group went ahead with the last shooting even though Berkowitz got a parking ticket, assuming they were in communication. The shooter was in from North Dakota.

Berkowitz must have suspected that he would be set up as the goat to take the fall. That's why he said he was trying to get arrested for something else before that could happen, like shooting Sam's dog and sending threatening notes to the family.

Comment

San Bartolomeo :

I was wondering myself why Berky didn't get arrested for shooting the Carr's dog when the sister of John Carr, who was dispatch for the Yonkers PD, knew he did it.

On another note, I don't know anyone who has watched the program ( my co-workers) who think Berkowitz acted alone.

There was a man in Berkowitz's building....a friend, I believe....who owned a yellow Volkswagen.......
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
        There was a man in Berkowitz's building....a friend, I believe....who owned a yellow Volkswagen.......
        And it wasn't Ted Bundy!

It appears from my research that the owner of the yellow Volkswagon was the Yonker's police officer, Mike Speros. He was the policeman suspected of involvement.

NYPD police officer, Mike Speros, was a "person of interest" when the shootings occurred in 1977. Cops he worked with were suspicious of him of being the 44 Caliber killer. Speros drove a yellow Volkswagen with vanity license plates - "GRK 44".
        Witnesses gave partial license plates with number 4 and the letters G and R.

David Berkowitz--Life Before Son of Sam | The Great Zodiac Killer Hoax of 1986 (freeforums.net)

Witness Brian McCracken Suspect | The Great Zodiac Killer Hoax of 1986 (freeforums.net)

The latter link mentions a couple of near misses by the cops which look like the shooter(s) had inside information. See third post by Omega.

Comment

Thanks for that, San....very interesting that his fellow police officers had their suspicions of him.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Suspect Reeve Carl Rockman (a pseudonym for Steve Rockman?) the accountant and alleged leader. He worked at the rehab clinic where Michael Carr allegedly went. (Ultimate Evil, Maury Terry)

It's interesting from the point of view of Math as an Indicator. It goes all the way back to Pythagoras. I don't think it's specifically accounting math but more like Kaczynski math.

Murder by Math: The Irrational Demise of Hippasus – EsoterX
            Math and Murder - WSJ
            How a convicted killer's passion for math inspired him to change his life — and others' | CBC Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post

On another note, I don't know anyone who has watched the program ( my co-workers) who think Berkowitz acted alone.

The guy who gave him the parking ticket lived in the apartment upstairs. He wasn’t involved. Berkowitz set his apartment on fire.

People turn a deaf ear to Captain Borrelli!

Comment

True Crime Files- The Son of Sam Cult. Yonkers, Untermyer park, The Aqueduct trail, the Carr home. - YouTube

Here's youtuber Manny Grossman taking you on a hour-long tour of the Son of Sam Yonkers cult sites. It takes him a while to get to Untermyer Park, the Berkowitz apartment and Carr house but you get a lay of the land. At the end, he goes all "conspiracy theory" about everything including Covid, but he does have some inside information, having talked to members of the cult and maybe even one of the shooters. He offers information about a second, communal yellow Volkswagen, one not owned by someone who lived in the same apartment as Berkowitz but by a couple who lived in a house nearby.

He gets a few facts mixed up. He says John Carr likely shot Harvey, Sam Carr's dog. But Sam Carr saw the shooter so I'm pretty sure it was Berkowitz. The shooter was able to ping the dog off with a handgun from outside of a large yard. The other shooters weren't that good from point-blank range.

Comment

Thanks San Juan !
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Here, Manny is touring the Carl Denaro/Rosemary Keenan shooting site and retracing their steps with Carl Denaro. This was the second shooting. Carl was shot in the head and Rosemary was not hit, except perhaps by glass fragments.

He got shot in the back of the head where he now has a metal plate. He still has a good head of hair and that's probably why they only pointed to the scars on his hand from the glass fragments and not to any part of his head.

It looks like we're finally going to get to the bottom of the Son(s) of Sam.

True Crime Files-The Son of Sam Cult. The night Carl Denaro was shot. - YouTube

Comment

Nice find, San....glad to see Denaro alive and kicking 45 years after being shot.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Check this one out, San....an interview with Retired Detective Hank Cinotti....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsczTpm54II
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Almost forgot......here's the 439 page pdf of the book, Ultimate Evil by Maury Terry

http://ndl.ethernet.edu.et/bitstream...5328/1/135.pdf
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                          X