• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
      Hi How,

Yes as far as unsolved serials go, Zodiac and JtR seem to be the only ones with a big internet presence.

I remember when the Boston case was all over the news but I wasn't directly affected here in IL. At the same time, there was some limited coverage here in the U.S. of the Strangler's contemporary in England, Jack the Stripper.
      There is (or at least used to be) a good Black Dahlia presence on the internet too.
      "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Ripper revisionists take note...

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
          Hi How,

Yes as far as unsolved serials go, Zodiac and JtR seem to be the only ones with a big internet presence.

I remember when the Boston case was all over the news but I wasn't directly affected here in IL. At the same time, there was some limited coverage here in the U.S. of the Strangler's contemporary in England, Jack the Stripper.
          Hi How, Stan, et al.

I believe one of the influences on Alfred Hitchcock in his decision to make "Frenzy" (1972), one of his final films, and unusual in that it was filmed in London rather than the American locations that distinguish his later projects, was likely to have been the Jack the Stripper case in Sixties London as well as our original "Jack" of 1888.

Best regards

Chris

Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
          https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
          Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob House View Post
            Ripper revisionists take note...
            There are Ripper revisionists?
            Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
            https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
            Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Confirmed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1403536

RH

Comment

The article states De Salvo was tied to the Sullivan murder.
                It remains to be seen whether he killed any others.
                Ripper folks brimming with confidence take note.

I have to say...that this method of linking DeSalvo to the crime ( some saliva from a relative's bottle 49 years after the act) can't be the best way of determining his complicity ( meant to mention this the first time around).

No offense meant, Rob....having a hell of a time lately with posts ( keyboard issue or something else....) and the little smilie with the wink didn't appear.
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  The article states De Salvo was tied to the Sullivan murder.
                  It remains to be seen whether he killed any others.
                  Ripper folks brimming with confidence take note.

I have to say...that this method of linking DeSalvo to the crime ( some saliva from a relative's bottle 49 years after the act) can't be the best way of determining his complicity ( meant to mention this the first time around).
                  I believe the police have now linked the crime to DeSalvo's own DNA. And at this point, I find it somewhat incredible to think that he was not the Boston Strangler.

RH

Comment

Rob, anyone....
                    Will there be attempts to link other victims to DeSalvo...or will the police be content that the link to Sullivan is satisfactory ?
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard

I think it was mentioned that DNA evidence doesn't exist for the other cases but that DeSalvo can be linked due to the similarities between the crimes

Comment

Thanks, Paul....I haven't been keeping up with that case.
                        While there still exists ( to some ) a possibility he didn't kill all of the women the Boston Strangler is "credited" with....I don't recall there being any other similar murders after that toad was locked up....he should have been taken off the streets anyway.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but back in the early 70's when I was in high school in Texas, we learned that some enterprising wiseacre took a bill that was being shuttled around in the Texas legislature ( it might have been the House of Representatives ).....and affixed a rider to the bill...declaring a certain day to be Albert DeSalvo Day in Texas.
                        Eventually, as the bill was being signed by those who wanted whatever legislation it was to be passed....someone remembered the name ( The Boston Strangler case was only a couple of years old at the time)....and it was immediately removed.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

The murders actually appeared to have stopped several months before DeSalvo was brought in on a sexual assault charge.

Since the earlier test didn't match I suppose there will be suspicion in some circles that there could have been some tampering either way. I expect lawyers in future cases will cite this case when they want to pooh-pooh DNA evidence.

There were two groupings of victims; one being women 19-23 (including Sullivan) and another women 55-85. Of late, the 24-54 age gap led some to believe that there were at least two killers so this won't likely put that totally to rest either. In other words, did DeSalvo kill some or all the younger women and another murder the women in the older group? I wonder what Susan Kelly thinks of all this since she wrote a comprehensive book laying out a good case that, as I recall, pretty much excluded DeSalvo as the Boston Strangler.

Comment

Thanks Stan....
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I still think there was more than one " Boston Strangler"

Comment

Originally posted by Belinda View Post
                                I still think there was more than one " Boston Strangler"
                                Victim profiling suggests there were at least two.
                                "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Working...
                                X