Boston Strangler(s) Revealed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    Victim profiling suggests there were at least two.
    Didn't he just knock on random doors? I dont see much "victim profiling" intent there...

Comment

That's the presumption by some Rob but it seems to stretch odds to the breaking point that doing so he would come upon 5 women 19-23 and 8 age 55-85 and none 24-54. Possible of course but very improbable it would seem to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
        That's the presumption by some Rob but it seems to stretch odds to the breaking point that doing so he would come upon 5 women 19-23 and 8 age 55-85 and none 24-54. Possible of course but very improbable it would seem to me.
        Couldn't it be that he was looking in very specific types of buildings... college areas for example, or buildings with elderly single women?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob House View Post
          Couldn't it be that he was looking in very specific types of buildings... college areas for example, or buildings with elderly single women?
          And if the person answering the door was not his specific target group he made an excuse and left, which he would have done if a boyfriend/husband answered the door anyway.

Comment

Like Rob, I was wondering if there is any clue in the locations of the differing victim types

A few serial killers in the past have specifically targeted aged communities, for various reasons

Also, how much of a cross-over was there with connected aspects such as the knots/bows display of the victim etc (I think the bows had been described in the press allowing a reasonably staged copycat to occur)

I think DeSalvo made a natural progression from the "measuring man" MO

I'll have to read a bit more in depth about this case, I don't think I have a book wholly about it

The notion that another person, and as I understand it, possibly multiple people, killed and either by accident or design had their tally included with that that of a perceived major serial killer is obviously relevant to the Ripper case

It appears quite usual to me in reading about varied modern serial killers that there are often murders the police tentatively connect with a series which are later denied by the arrested killer or otherwise determined to be by a different perpetrator

It's a possibility JtR was a copycat in that he may not have been the killer of Tabram, but may have been encouraged in his murders by the sensational reports surrounding her killer

These reports often referred to the general plight and vulnerability of the women within that particular area

If that were the case, it doesn't appear to me that he directly emulated the Tabram killer

Comment

I get the distinct impression that people who study crimes/murder...will be debating who did what in the BS case more than ever now.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

The Green Man rapes actually continued for a few months after the last Boston S. murder.

Comment

Again, thanks Stan....
                  Quick question.....
                  If,as you say, the Green Man rapes continued after the last murder....do you mean that De Salvo ( charged as the Green Man ) was in police custody when another rape attributed to the Green Man occurred ?
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

No, he wasn't brought in until the last of those rapes. I don't think there was ever much doubt that DeSalvo was the Green Man.

Comment

The last Strangler murder was discovered on Jan. 4 of 1964.

The last Green Man sex attack occurred on Oct. 27 of 1964.

DeSalvo was arrested in November of 1964.

The apparent deescalation seems a bit odd to me.

Comment

The deescalation seems odd to me too

Comment

Working...
                        X